Hi there! I’m Pallavi, a curly hair blogger from Delhi, India. Welcome to my blog where I show you how to take care of your naturally wavy curly hair with easy tips, video tutorials and product recommendations.
Chances are if you grew up with poofy, frizzy hair, you too were bullied throughout school and hated your hair.
Medusa, ‘jungli‘ (wild), jhaadu (broom) unkempt, frizzy, maggi are all nicknames many of us with naturally frizzy hair got while growing up.
Media didn’t show women with our type of hair, unless it was to show how to transform it with serums and products, which never worked.
This self loathing led to low self esteem and confidence. I remember a friend asking me- why can’t you take care of your hair properly?
I mean, I wanted to- I just didn’t know how, except to drench it with oil and tame it to some level or neatness.
Here’s a picture of how my hair used to look a few years back, if I dared to keep it open-
Cue the Hagrid comments!
I so desperately wanted to feel good about my hair that I even got it chemically straightened one day which gave me silky straight hair for only a few months…
And then it became extremely damaged. I lost a LOT of hair.
Also, all those compliments I got, once I did straighten it left me feeling low, because that’s not what I looked like, in reality.
Then one day, I found a video by another curly girl abroad on how exactly I should be combing and styling naturally dry & frizzy hair.
That led to tons of research and I can easily say, it was life-changing.
To the point that while travelling to work in the metro, I had girls coming up to me, telling me what lovely hair I had and how ‘lucky’ I was.
The tips in this blog are from years of experimentation that led to loving my hair, even on its wild frizzy days.
Over time, my tips have also become simpler and less rigid- those of you who are worried about having to strictly follow a routine, needn’t worry.
Take what you like, do what suits- after all, it is YOUR hair.
Don’t let anyone police how you should take care or feel about your hair, especially online.
Try the tips out- I promise, even following some of these tips can help you enjoy hair that’s soft, moisturised, even on it’s ‘bad’ days!
You don’t HAVE to straighten your hair each time to ‘look good for functions’ or get keratin, rebonding or smoothening done, only if you want to- which makes a ton of difference, believe me.
If you’re a newbie on your wavy hair journey or curly hair journey, start by reading through the blog posts I have linked below.
Want to see what other women have said after trying my tips?
Check these testimonials!
Ready to start? All the best and welcome to a wonderful new journey!
Curly Hair Essential Knowledge
You can begin your natural hair journey by reading through posts in the order given below–
- Different Types of Natural Hair- First, find out if you have wavy hair, loose curls or tight curls? Finding your hair type will tell you what routine to follow.
- How to get your Curls back from Chemical Straightening – Got keratin or smoothening done and regret it? The post will tell you what to do.
- What is the CG Method For Curly Hair_– The world famous technique of curly girls across the world and what I follow.
- How to Start CG Method for Curly Hair with Pocket-Friendly Products – An easy guide to starting a curly hair routine.
- How to Start CG Method for Wavy Hair with Pocket-Friendly Products– An easy guide to starting a wavy hair routine.
- Curly Hair Products in India For Different Budgets– CG Friendly shampoos, conditioners, leave in’s, stylers – I’ve got them across budgets starting from options BELOW Rs.500!
- Deep Conditioning Curly Hair – Using hair masks to speed up your journey
- How to Dry Curly Hair For More Volume and Definition
- Protect Your Hair at Night With These Techniques
- What to do with your Waves & Curls on Day 2,3,4 -How to Refresh
- How to Remove & Prevent Dandruff in Curly Hair
Discount Codes + Curly Hair Products in India
Disclaimer- These are brands I use and trust. If you use my discount code, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you which helps me continue blogging. Thank you for your support!
- Apply CURIOUSARATA at arata.in for 25% OFF on orders above Rs. 999 (I love their hair cream and hair gel which are CG Friendly, non toxic & Made in India)
- Use my code THECURIOUSJALEBI at https://fixmycurls.com/ for 15% OFF (LOVE their co-wash called everyday moisture, cleansing shampoo, butter and jelly!)
- Apply CURIOUSJALEBI10 at True Frog for 10% OFF (Shampoo is gentle and both conditioner and deep conditioner are slippery and hydrating. CG Friendly and made in India!)
- You can also pick products in India from My Amazon Store, curated for the Indian curly community.
- Apply THECURIOUSJALEBI at NYNM for 10% OFF on orders above Rs. 1000 (An online curly hair products store perfect for when you’re looking for international brands (Think bounce curl, Rizos, Curl Keeper, etc)
- Use CURIOUSJALEBI10 at Ashba Botanics for 10% OFF (on individual products, not sets). You can read my review of India’s first curly hair brand here.
- Use CURIOUSLOVE at Hair Love India for 10% off on orders above Rs. 1,699 (not applicable on puffcuff, zazzybandz and women support page)
Watch and learn the best way to wash and style wavy curly hair. Don’t forget to subscribe!
Follow me on Instagram where I post video tutorials, tips and reviews about wavy curly hair – @thecuriousjalebi
Have questions to ask me? Join my private coaching group on Facebook- Ask Jalebi.
Prefer fb over Instagram? Follow my facebook Page- The Curious Jalebi !
You can also subscribe to my newsletter below & get exclusive tips along with alerts to my newest posts. I promise not to spam!