Ever had a curly hair product that you LOVED & gave you the best results, only to find out it isn’t CG? Can you remember the numbing surprise at reading an ingredient you completely missed out on? I do, since I went through it just a few days ago. My favourite leave in conditioner, Miss Jessie Leave In Condish that gave me bomb results with Cantu Curl Activator turns out has a drying alcohol, more precisely Alcohol Denat.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Love
- 2 The Betrayal
- 3 2018 Takeaway
- 4 Description:
- 5 Ingredients:
- 6 Is It CG Approved:
- 7 Price:
- 8 Consistency:
- 9 Fragrance:
- 10 How to Use Miss Jessie Leave In Condish:
- 11 Pros:
- 12 Cons:
- 13 Will I Buy This Again:
- 14 My Readers Experiences with Miss Jessie Leave in Condish
- 15 Buy Miss Jessie Leave In Condish Online:
Miss Jessie Leave In Condish has left me confused because I honestly have not seen results like I get with it. Using it with Cantu Curl Activator & Ecostyler gel gives me amazing volume & definition. My curls remain defined for more days without washing than it would with using As I Am Leave in Conditioner. You can look at the picture below. I was SO happy with this wash day results!
I had reviewed this leave in conditioner against heavyweight cantu curl activator (which is actually a curl cream) and As I am leave in conditioner some time ago -the latter of which won the review. I had also posted the ingredients but I missed this alcohol completely, trying to search for silicones & isopropyl alchohol which are the usual suspects.
My fault completely, for not noticing the alcohol. It’s interesting that I realised my error just as the first day of the new year came to a close – my first challenge of owning up to a mistake (I claimed this was CG in my previous review), for moving past it & learning that I need to tripple check my writing & research, especially since I have many of you depending on the same. I have also for the past month been extensively reading up on ingredient analyses & they will be incorporated in all reviews from now on.
Now, I’m not going to let the video I shot with this leave in conditioner go to waste since it can also teach you how to apply leave in conditioners, curl creams and gels to your hair (irrespective of the products you use) & how I diffuse my curls to get the results you see. And I also realise that many of you do not follow a CG routine & according to the 1% Rule, this ingredient in the product is less than 1%. So let’s get down to a detailed review of Miss Jessie Leave in Condish below!
Leave-In Condish is Miss Jessie’s lightweight leave in conditioner and detangler that acts as the ultimate frizz fighter and moisturizer for wavy, curly, tight curly or transitioner’s hair. It leaves your curls super soft and uber shiny without any oily buildup. Leave –In Condish coats your curls and locks in an extra layer of moisture protection between your curls and styler. Formulated with Soybean and Aloe for its moisturizing properties Leave-In Condish is a moisture lock. Great for: Wavy, curly, tight curly, and transitioners hair.
Water (Aqua, Eau), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol , Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Alcohol Denat., Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract*, Glycine Soya (Soybean) Seed Extract*, Laminaria Digitata Extract*, Spirulina Maxima Extract*, Citric Acid
Notes on Ingredients:
- Behentrimonium Methosulfate is GREAT for slip (aids in detangling without hurting your curls) & conditioning & no, this is not a sulphate that causes drying.
- Cetyl Alcohol is a incredibly moisturising alcohol, not a drying alcohol, so remember this point. The suffix does not always mean it is a ‘baddie’!
- Glycerin is a great moisturiser & humectant but is a little tricky depending on the climate of where you stay. You can read more here: The Right and Wrong Way to Use Glycerin for Hair.
- Phenoxyethanol is considered safer as compared to other parabens & is a preservative. It can however cause eye irritation. You can read more about it here.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, or Aloe vera juice helps repair dead skin cells on the scalp, promote hair growth, prevent itching (balances scalp PH) & is a great moisturiser.
- Butylene Glycol helps to decrease thickness in creams, thereby making it easier to apply on your hair. It is also a great humectant.
- Caprylyl Glycol helps in preservation against bacteria and is conditioning.
- Alcohol Denat is NOT CG APPROVED. It is a ‘drying alcohol‘ & for curly hair where we already suffer from dryness, this can hurt our hair. Why are drying alcohols used in the first place? They cut down drying time after styling so your hair dries faster.
- Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract*, Glycine Soya (Soybean) Seed Extract*, Laminaria Digitata Extract*, & Spirulina Maxima Extract* are moisturising plant extracts, beneficial for scalp health, hair loss etc.
- Citric acid in small amounts in hair products help balance the acid levels & makes the hair shiny (helps close the cuticle.) It is also a preservative.
Whew! I’m not kidding when I wrote earlier about not leaving a ingredient to chance. Do you like this new segment to the reviews? Should I do all the reviews like this? Let me know in the comments below.
Is It CG Approved:
No! But like Loreal Smooth Intense Conditioner and Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Masque (Review coming soon), the fact that the drying alcohol is at the end means it does not form the base of the product & is in very little quantity. Doesn’t stop it from drying your curls a little though.
Rs. 800 – Rs. 1840
Light. Great slip.
Soapy, ‘clean clothes out of a washing machine’ smell. I cannot describe it any other way. Fabric cleaner perhaps?
How to Use Miss Jessie Leave In Condish:
Watch the video below to see how you can apply this or any other leave in conditioner. If you have this already & are worried but don’t want to waste the product, you can use this like me in a combination with a curl cream, a step that I think counteracts the drying alcohol since Cantu Curl Activator is incredibly moisturising.
- Incredibly lightweight.
- Helps in detangling.
- Smells INCREDIBLE. The only non tropical or fruity smell I love.
- Gives me incredible definition for 3-4 days when I combine it with Cantu Curl Activator.
- Does not weigh my hair down.
- I have not noticed any drying in my curls.
The picture below is after using this leave in conditioner on my curls.
- It can cause dryness, I mean, it’s meant to. Akshata, a reader told me it caused dryness for her on second day. When she used it with Ecostyler gel, the results & experience was better. Check out her full review at the end of the article.
- As a result, it is not CG.
- I won’t recommend it to curly girls who have recently transitioned or are still trying to figure out a routine. You don’t need any more drying factors right now.
Will I Buy This Again:
I don’t want to, knowing it has alcohol.😔
I’m going to hunt for new CG Approved leave in conditioners that give me as great results like this. I like As I Am Leave in but it does not give me results like this & for some reason isn’t giving me great results in Delhi winters currently unless I combine it with Cantu Curl Activator. Until I find a new one, I might just use it again now and then. It’s like my guilty go-to. 🙈
Here’s another video I shot earlier when I was happy with the results of using this leave in conditioner 😔. DO YOU SEE WHY I’M ANNOYED NOW?
My Readers Experiences with Miss Jessie Leave in Condish
Akshata – Miss Jessie Leave in condish smells good. It’s slightly thick. I can’t use it for detangling but it gives good clumps in shower when used with Praying Hands method as you have shown. Didn’t like it when I paired it with just cantu but using it with Cantu Curl Activator & Eco gel gives me good results & my curls last for 5 days. It can cause dryness when I don’t pair it with cantu and eco.
Buy Miss Jessie Leave In Condish Online:
Want to try it for yourself? You can find it on Amazon below. Please remember this is not CG Friendly.
The Amazon link above is an affiliate link. This means if you buy the product using that link, I earn a tiny commission and it helps me keep the website running and afford new curly hair products to try out for you guys. 🙂 Also, products that might work for my hair might not work for you and vice versa! Please remember this is my personal experience of the product & your hair can behave differently.
Pin This Image
Whew! Imma go beast mode on all reviews from now. Perhaps you’ve noticed it already if you have read my previous blog posts 😉.
I’m now on the hunt for a new CG friendly leave in conditioner. Which is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below & I might try them out!