Nice to see you back for another review. If you’re new to my blog- hello, I’m Pallavi, the nut behind The Curious Jalebi. You’ve caught me in the middle of a new blog post- on my secret, essential weapon that dries my curls SO GOOD, I RARELY air dry any more. It’s called Diffusing.
All you need is a hair dryer attachment called, duh, diffuser. No, not the one you have at home to make your room smell better. This one’s for your hair!
So how did this post come about?
My best friend lent me her diffuser that is also super cheap, called Segolike Hair Diffuser! I loved it so much, I had to tell you guys!
I’m lucky to have a curly hair best friend who is more budget conscious than me- it routinely exposes me to great products that are hidden gems. Her recommendations have also helped me this year in my goal to spend less on my products and consequently save more money.
Last year, unknowingly I got it into my mind that products that are pricey are automatically better than inexpensive ones. Ah, the consequence of psychological marketing. Of course, better source materials and processes does beget a higher price but we forget the amount of money that goes into branding and shipping which brings up it’s price really high.
If you’re a college student or simply wish to keep your expenses minimum, finding inexpensive curly hair products is amazing. And since many of you ask me for cheaper products, I’m going to focus on such products as well and not just international ones this year.
So if you have to thank someone for this review, thank my best friend.
Now before we get to the review- let’s find out what exactly is a diffuser.
What is a Diffuser
A diffuser is an attachment that helps distribute/diffuse air flow with multiple air channels (fingers of a diffuser) over large surface area.
Who is it for:
- If you have wavy/curly Hair and want more body and volume.
- If your hair is fine & has thinner density & you want to make it look thicker.
- Struggle every wash day in the morning because you need to rush to college/work or get your kids ready in a hurry? This will speed up the drying process!
Alright, let’s get to the review!
Segolike Universal Collapsible Silicone Hair Diffuser Review
Even if you’re someone who knows about diffusing already but found them too expensive, you’re going to LOVE this product! I did. I was so happy with the results that I even made a video. I’ve included the video in this post so make sure you watch it to properly understand how I diffuse my hair.
Don’t have time to read this now?
PIN this to your Pinterest board.
It is collapsible and compact for easy storage and travel. Light weight, flexible, super-high temperature, never deformation. The diffuser will fit on most travel, cordless, salon or professional Hair Dryers. Easy to clean, Just use some water and soap and the diffuser attachment will stay as clean as new
Suitable for: 6cm diameter of a hair dryer
Material: Nano Silica Size: 13.8*11.5*6cm / 5.4*4.3*2.4inch
Rs. 640 currently. (My friend got it when it was Rs.450)
- It’s pocket-friendly! Great for curls under a budget.
- Does not collapse easily (as compared to my curly co diffuser) even at low heat.
- This diffuser is travel-friendly (you can force it to collapse & tuck it in a small corner of your bag).
- It has a wide rim+ many ‘fingers’ that help in air flow.
- It didn’t fit my friend’s hair dryer (pictured). She uses a Philips one, so she tucked the diffuser around another attachment of the hair dryer. Please check if the diameter of your hair dryer is around 6 cm before you buy this.
I literally, had no other complaint about this diffuser.
How to Use a Segolike Universal Collapsible Silicone Hair Diffuser:
1. Style your curls as usual with a leave in conditioner/cream/gel
2. Set your hair dryer to low heat/low speed or cold. ( I start with low heat)
3. Take sections of your waves/curls in the diffuser and bring it towards your roots.
4. Keep it pressed gently against your scalp for a 30-40 seconds before moving to another section.
5. Use low heat until curls feel damp, not wet, and then switch to cold shot/mode. If you have the time, patience and energy- diffuse entirely on cold.
6. Slowly, you will see your curls shrinking and becoming defined & shiny
Didn’t understand completely how I’m doing this without harming my curls?
Watch My Video Tutorial
If you liked it, please don’t forget to give it a thumbs up & subscribe to my channel, it means the world to me!
BIG Hair Say Whaaa! This is how bouncy and voluminous my curls get and yours can too. Can you see defined spirals? It’s also really shiny. Pricing and results- Win Win!
Ready to give it a try? -Let’s recap a few benefits if you’re not convinced.
10 Benefits of Diffusing:
1. 40% more volume than air drying
2. Decreases Frizz
3. Curls are dry before you step out in possible, humid, tropical weather.
4. You don’t need to wait the whole day for them to dry! (Great for events, weddings & occassions you want your curls to look bomb quickly.)
5. If you want to blow dry, this is the safest method for wavy and curly hair.
6. It encourages/enhances wave or curl pattern (some girls with wavy hair discover soft curls when they diffuse!)
7. It’s great for people suffering from flat crown.
8. It’s a lifesaver for girls with long curly hair that takes AGES to dry!
9. It maximises shine & bounce.
10.It minimises heat damage.
Buy Segolike Universal Collapsible Silicone Hair Diffuser
Hell yeah, this post contains affliate links. I work my butt off on these reviews for you guys & using that link gives me coffee money! Which helps me stay up nights and make more such posts for you 😉. And rest assured, I won’t recommend anything I don’t love.
If you suffer from back problems, bending for several minutes with your hair flipped forward can be painful. I say this from experience. You can do what @Spisha, does in that case. She basically lies down and diffuses different sections.
1. If diffusing is giving you frizz, check if you can switch to a hair dryer with tourmaline or ceramic technology.
2. If you can’t change your tools, change your method. Try pixie curl diffusing.
3. Remember to measure and match both the diameter of the hair dryer and the diffuser attachment if you are buying them separately.
4. Don’t touch your hair with your fingers while you are diffusing.
5. Add duck bill clips at the crown for even more volume
6. ‘Double Plop’ before drying- speeds up the process.
Whew! I hope this review+ my primer on diffusing helps you with more relaxed mornings (or evenings, whenever you wash your curls) and gorgeous, killer waves and curls.
If you tried this, share your results with me and the curly hair community on Instagram with @thecuriousjalebi & #tcjtips! I would LOVE to feature you in this blog post and/or my Instagram page!
Join The Conversation
The best part of writing for you guys is to hear you write back! Let me know if you liked this post in the comment section. If you have a favourite diffuser, tell me and my readers that too! Let’s make the Indian curl community stronger with participation.
See you back on the blog on my next post. Follow me on Instagram (@thecuriousjalebi), Facebook (The Curious Jalebi) or Twitter (@curiousjalebi) for new updates! I post exclusive tips & videos on my social media that I don’t share on my website, so make sure you follow to never miss out!