Is it just another fad or is it truly something that can help you with great curls on day 2,3, even 4? I’ve answered these questions in my review of the Curly Girl Vibes – Marquee Flairosol bottle in this blog post. I’ve included all the pros and cons of both the flairosol & a regular spray bottle so that you can decide which to use for different purposes.
Because no, I don’t think you should throw out your regular spray bottle. And no, I don’t think you should scoff at the price of the flairosol and let this product go. Especially if you’ve always had trouble getting great results with refreshing them on non wash days.
My curls now look much better on day 2 & 3 as compared to previous times with my normal spray bottle. To truly make you understand, I have also shown the results in a video.
But first, basics. Let’s find out what a flairosol actually is.
What is a Flairosol
A flairosol is a spray bottle (also called as the ‘iphone’ of spray bottles) designed to work at any angle (360* mist). It works by releasing a continuous mist, much like your perfume or deo but without any propellant gases. It gives ‘aerosol quality spray’.
- It truly ‘refreshes’ lightly, giving just the right amount of hydration for my curls to get revived. When I use a normal spray bottle, water does sometimes end up dripping & dragging my curls down in the process reducing bounce and making them look flat.
- I’ve been having great day 2/3 curls with lesser work each morning
- Because of the 360* spraying ability, I can use it to reach any section of my hair without any awkward acrobatics!
- It refreshes a big section of my curls in one go.
- It may be expensive but like the diffuser, it is a one time investment.
- It is expensive as compared to a normal spray bottle. This was sent to me to review by Honest Products so I can’t really complain but in my current budget conscious mind frame, I would have felt a slight pinch buying it!
- Since it doesn’t have a lock on the spray nozzle, it isn’t very travel friendly. But you can easily carry it around by removing the water & adding it once you reach your destination!
- I can’t use it when I need to drench my hair with water to re style my curls mid week – for that I would use a normal spray bottle.
As you can see, both the spray bottles are great for curly hair, only for different requirements!
If I need to quickly refresh my curls, I will use the flairosol. If I wanted to re wet it, rake in styling cream or gel again mid week between washes, I would use the normal spray bottle.
I’ve done a detailed comparison of both spray bottles below:
Flairosol Spray Bottle Versus a Regular Spray Bottle Infographic
How I Refresh My Curls With a Flairosol
Will I Buy Flairosol Bottle
Yes! I’ve loved the results each morning & see myself using this any time I wanted to give my hair a quick hydration boost. I would look at it as a good investment in my curly hair tool kit. But until I’d tried it, I thought this won’t change the results.
Buy Flairosol Bottle in India
Buy Regular Spray Bottle in India
I also know many of you won’t still be able to afford the Flairosol- that’s okay! A normal spray bottle will also give great results – just needs slightly more work and yes, slight difference in results. I went many years with a normal spray bottle & I’ve had good day 2,3 then too, albeit not as easy it has become with the flairosol.
Want to know my special DIY Refresh Mix & How I Refresh my curls with a normal spray bottle? Watch my Video: How to Refresh Your 2nd/3rd Day Curls
There are many companies abroad selling flairosol but I have reviewed the Curly Girl Vibes bottle you see below sent to me by Honest Products. Do note that the views are my own & I have tried to be truly honest & objective in my experience of the product. 🙂
Join The Conversation
Does refreshing on day 2,3 work for your waves and curls? What are your top issues? Let me know your refresh routine in the comments below. ❤