Hello my dear reader! Some of you had DMed me through the last few months asking about my opinion of the Skin Elements Caffeine & Arhan Hairfall Control hair mask.
Is it Cg Friendly?
Can I use this on my curls?
Does it suit all hair types?
…were some of the common questions.
I also know, many of you, even if you don’t have curly hair, are always on the look out for pocket-friendly hair masks for dry, frizzy hair or to reduce excessive hair fall (especially since we’re not entering the hot & humid months India!)
To that end, I’m so glad that the brand reached out for a review! I have been testing the mask for a few weeks now and can finally share what I think about it.
(For all of you who’s come to my blog for the first time – Hi, I’m Pallavi! In this blog, I help to teach and motivate young women to embrace their naturally frizzy, wavy curly hair! You can learn more about my tips for beginners in this post – Start Here)
If you’re interested in the review, continue reading below!
Table of Contents
- 1 Disclaimer
- 2 Skin Elements Caffeine & Argan Hairfall Control Hair Mask Review
- 2.1 About Skin Elements
- 2.2 Description
- 2.3 What is a hair mask?
- 2.4 Details
- 2.5 Ingredients of Skin Elements Caffeine & Argan Hairfall Control Hair Mask
- 2.6 First 5 ingredients (these form 95-97% of the entire product)
- 2.7 The remaining ingredients
- 2.8 How to Apply Skin Elements Caffeine & Argan Hairfall Control Hair Mask
- 2.9 Pros
- 2.10 Cons
- 2.11 Best For
- 3 Buy Skin Elements Caffeine & Argan Hairfall Control Hair Mask
This post is sponsored by Skin Elements and the mask was sent by them. I have strived to be absolutely honest in my experience of the mask and the review should reflect that! Thank you for trusting me. 🙂
Skin Elements Caffeine & Argan Hairfall Control Hair Mask Review
View this post on Instagram
Love is in the hair ❤️ Caffeine & Argan oil Hair Mask ✔️Controls Hair fall ✔️Promote Healthy Hair ✔️ Treat Split Ends ✔️ Control Frizzy Hair ✔️ Protects Hair Colour ✔️ Locks in Moisture ✔️ Promote Thick Hair . Try now and feel the difference since the first use 🧚🏻♀️ . *This hair mask can be used by both male and female* . ✅ Paraben free . . Buy Now Link in the bio . . . #skinelements #haircare #healthyskin #happy #hairfall #hairfallcontrol #hairgoals #naturalhairstyles #like4likes #followforfollowback #likeforfollow #hairconditioner #masking #maskcarabeauty #hairoftheweek #likelike #hairdo #hairtransformation #goodhairdays #beautiful #menshair #mensconditioner #maskformen
About Skin Elements
Skin Elements provides an alternative to the millennial with products, which are not only effective but also committed for a better environment and world around us. All our products are free from any harmful chemicals, not tested on animals and 100% vegan.
The Skin Elements Hair mask is designed to provide deep conditioning and repair the most extensive of damages to your hair to restore your hair to its former glory. The caffeine and argan hair mask is made using a special formula that gives you the benefits of a hair spa at your own home and provides deep nourishment for hair which controls hair damage and gives you shining and healthy hair. The hair mask is made using natural ingredients and essential oils and should be used after shampoo and after conditioning your hair with hair conditioner.
What is a hair mask?
I’m surprised by the number of times I have been asked this but here’s what it means. All those hair spa sessions in the parlour are done via a scalp treatment, oiling session, shampoo (optional) and a hair mask. A hair mask or a deep conditioner is a intensive conditioning product that softens, smoothens the hair, frizz and flyaways giving you healthy hair.
I recommend applying a hair mask at least once a week for newbies on their curly/wavy hair journey but even my straighter hair sisters can do the same, only the technique might change- I have explained this in a few sections below.
- Quantity: 200 ml
- Texture: Quite thick, creamy
- Slip- Good
- Price: Rs. 599
Ingredients of Skin Elements Caffeine & Argan Hairfall Control Hair Mask
Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Brassica Alcohol (and) Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, PEG 12 – Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, D Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Polyquaternium – 73, Argan Oil, Caffeine, Rosemary Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA & Fragrance.
First 5 ingredients (these form 95-97% of the entire product)
- Cetyl Alcohol is NOT a drying alcohol – it’s a fatty alcohol which gives intense conditioning
- Cetrimonium Chloride is a conditioning agent that also cleans buildup on your hair. It removes odour and stops the growth of microorganisms
- Behentrimonium Chloride is made from canola oil and gives a strong conditioning effect. It is very effective in reducing frizz
- Brassica Alcohol is a thickener and helps the product to emulsify (mix well together)
- Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine is a skin and hair conditioner derived from the mustard family
The remaining ingredients
- Amodimethicone is a silicone (protects hair from frizz), making it NOT CG Friendly. If you’re using a regular sulphate shampoo (a shampoo that has any of these sulphates in it’s ingredients), you don’t need to worry. Silicones are widely used across the world and do not need to be villianised!
- Only if you are following the CG Method, which is a natural hair philosophy where you avoid both sulphates and silicones, you’d need to avoid this mask
- PEG 12 – Dimethicone is a water soluble silicones that also smoothens the frizz even after the mask is rinsed away
- Glycerin and Sodium PCA are humectants – they attract water molecules from the environment to nourish and hydrate your hair
- D Panthenol is a brilliant ingredient – it gives gloss and shine to the hair, helps the product to spread evenly throughout your hair strands and also has great moisture retention properties! It gives ‘slip’ to a product, making detangling easier and also penetrates into your hair effectively, helping in volume
- Polyquaternium – 73 with Dimethicone has been seen to be great for really damaged, porous (coloured or heat damaged) hair. These two together will leave your hair soft and conditioned
- Argan Oil is in the last few ingredients – which means it’s quantity in the product is JUST enough to give you the benefits WITHOUT weighing down your hair. It will soften your hair, leave it shiny and also moisturise the scalp
- Caffeine is great for reducing hair fall by repairing your hair follicles
- Rosemary oil is another light oil, great for the scalp (anti inflammatory) and is very popular in treating hair loss. It is also stated that it delays greying of hair
- Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA are all preservatives
How to Apply Skin Elements Caffeine & Argan Hairfall Control Hair Mask
- Since naturally dry, frizzy wavy curly hair needs the intense moisture, it is better to apply after you have cleansed your hair thoroughly with your shampoo.
- After rinsing out the shampoo, divide hair into 2-3 sections.
- Smooth on a generous amount to each section, making sure no strand is left.
- Apply from crown to ends.
- Use a wide tooth comb to distribute the product
- Keep it on for 15-30 mins, preferrably under a shower cap or a thermal hot head.
- Rinse out and style as normal.
If you find your hair gets easily weighed down by conditioners or hair masks, apply the mask on wet hair, before you shampoo.
This mask can also replace your regular conditioner if your hair type falls anywhere between 3B to 4C.
- Gives intense conditioning and nourishment for your hair
- Is slippery enough to help you detangle your hair with less breakage
- Incredibly effective in reducing frizz, dryness and flyaways because of it’s conditioning ingredients AND the oils like Argan and Rosemary
- Doesn’t have a strong smell so people with sensitive noses can use without worry
- It’s thick enough to hydrate very damaged, heat damaged or dry hair
- It nourishes and cleanses your scalp (Cetrimonium Chloride) in one go
- Free from Parabens
- Made from vegan ingredients!
- Rosemary and caffeine are known to reduce hair fall (Though if your hair fall is hormonal or nutrition based, I would strongly suggest you see a dermatologist first)
- The product has a capped lid which makes it very #TravelFriendly! No leakage here which is incredibly important!
- It has silicone which if you’re following a CG Friendly routine, means you can’t use it!
- I would like it to have slightly more liquidy consistency (currently it’s a very thick cream)
- Anyone who has dry, frizzy, heat damaged hair and needs intense conditioning and moisture irrespective of having straight, wavy or curly.
- For people who want to reduce hair loss and keep the scalp healthy
- Those who are NOT following the CG Method
Thank you for reading through the article!
I hope this review answers all your doubts and questions. If not, leave them below and I’ll answer back in a jiffy.
Have YOU used this mask? How was your experience? Share your experience below and let other people in the curly community in India know. 🙂
If you have more questions not related to this article, join my private coaching Facebook group Ask Jalebi!
Until my next review, peeps!