I’m 25, a curly hair consultant (there, I said it!) with a day job in Social media marketing at EazyDiner. I stay in Delhi, India’s capital city, although while growing up I travelled throughout India since my father was a doctor in the Navy. I’m half Malayali (mum’s side & where I get my curly hair from) and half Punjabi (dad’s side). I’m extremely curious & multi passionate- I truly believe there is nothing amazing as learning something new.
My blog is my way to share with the world of the things I’ve learnt & I think will benefit my readers. From curly hair care to my style diary, photography attempts, my slice of life writings & book reviews, this blog is a precious work in progress.
I grew up hating my hair. My mother and I would comb it into submission with tons of oil. Leaving it open invariably would earn me nicknames like Maggi, Jungli, Bhoothni, Jhaadu, Medusa and the odd Arey, just like Bipasha! I watched heroines with straight hair in movies, ads and magazines & dreamt of getting them straightened. My trips to the salon always had the parlour lady tell me- ‘Beta, Smoothening Kyun Nahi Kara Dete Ho? (Kid, why don’t you get them chemically straightened?)
One day, I gave in. Just before school finished, I ended up getting a ‘smoothening treatment’.
After a few months of happiness, my damaged & rough hair came back full force and I lost a TON of hair. I can’t tell you how much of this affected my self esteem. Then one day in college, I stumbled upon the world of curly hair care & never looked back.
Sounds familiar? Chances are that if you are here, you had a similar experience growing up.
Through my posts on Curly Hair Care here & Youtube Channel, I want to reach out to wavy & curly girls, especially in India & give them information I would have LOVED to have myself while growing up about taking care of their beautiful, natural hair.
Is This Blog For You?
If you are frustrated with your hair, the frizz or the dryness or perhaps your hair is severely damaged due to years of heat treatment, this blog is for you.
Even if you know the basics of natural hair care but find most products recommended by others very expensive, this blog is for you!
Bookmark this blog and keep checking back often- I review plenty of pocket friendly products you can buy in India.
You can also subscribe to my newsletter below & get exclusive tips along with alerts to my newest posts. I promise not to spam!
Ready To Start?
You can begin your natural hair journey by quickly reading through my most popular posts in the order given below–
- Different Types of Curly Hair- Find out YOUR Curly Hair Type
- 10 Things About Curly hair that will Change your World
- Get Rid of Dryness with these 12 Easy Hacks
- What is the CG Method For Curly Hair
- If you have done Keratin or smoothing treatment or any other chemical treatment, don’t worry. I had it done too and had to work to get my curls back. Read the post below to learn how: Transitioning From Chemically Straightened Hair Into Curly Hair
- Want to buy curly hair products in India? Check out the post : Curly Hair Products in India For Different Budgets
- Lazy and still want to learn? Most of your questions will be answered when you see exactly how I take care of my hair. See my video tutorials on my Youtube Channel. Don’t forget to subscribe (press the bell icon) so that you won’t miss out on the next video.
- If you want to get the best products for your hair, check out these honest, in depth reviews.
Looking to collaborate? Hit me up! I’d love to hear from you.
Want to Dive Deeper Into My World?
Thank You for stopping by. I hope we help and learn from each other.