Since our curls takes forever to dry because of using styling products, a very helpful tool to have is the diffuser. If you want your hair to be dry in an hour before you step out, you should learn to diffuse. Find the steps on how to diffuse curly hair with the least amount of frizz, its benefits and the best diffusers for curly hair in India below!
Table of Contents
What is a Diffuser
A diffuser is an attachment that helps distribute/diffuse air flow with multiple air channels (fingers of a diffuser) over large surface area.
Who is it for:
- If you have wavy/curly Hair and want more volume on your crown.
- If your hair is fine & has thinner density & you want to make it look thicker.
- Struggle every wash day in the morning because you need to rush to college/work or get your kids ready in a hurry? This will speed up the drying process!
How to Use a Hair Diffuser:
- Shampoo & condition your hair
- Style your curls as usual with a leave in conditioner/cream/gel
- Take a small section of your curls and collect them inside the diffuser attachment.
- Set your hair dryer to low heat/low speed or cold. ( I start with low heat)
- Bring that section to your scalp as shown in the image below/
- Keep it pressed gently against your scalp for a 30-40 seconds before moving to another section.
- Use low heat until curls feel damp, not wet, and then switch to cold shot/mode. If you have the time, patience and energy- diffuse entirely on cold.
- Slowly, you will see your curls shrinking and becoming defined & shiny
- It takes me 30 mins in summer and 40-50 mins in winters.
Didn’t understand completely how I’m doing this without harming my curls?
Watch My Video Tutorial
If you liked it, please don’t forget to give it a thumbs up & subscribe to my channel, it means the world to me!
BIG Hair Say Whaaa! This is how bouncy and voluminous my curls get and yours can too. Can you see defined spirals? It’s also really shiny. Pricing and results- Win Win!
Ready to give it a try? -Let’s recap a few benefits if you’re not convinced.
10 Benefits of Diffusing:
1. 40% more volume than air drying
2. Decreases Frizz
3. Curls are dry before you step out in possible, humid, tropical weather.
4. You don’t need to wait the whole day for them to dry! (Great for events, weddings & occassions you want your curls to look bomb quickly.)
5. If you want to blow dry, this is the safest method for wavy and curly hair.
6. It encourages/enhances wave or curl pattern (some girls with wavy hair discover soft curls when they diffuse!)
7. It’s great for people suffering from flat crown.
8. It’s a lifesaver for girls with long curly hair that takes AGES to dry!
9. It maximises shine & bounce.
10.It minimises heat damage.
Best Diffusers for Curly Hair in India
There are two types of diffusers in the market- those that come attached with a hair dryer and those are that JUST the diffuser attachment. If you already have a hair dryer, you can look for only the attachment but be warned, matching the diameter of your hair dryer nozzle and that of the attachment can get tricky. I usually recommend getting the set if you’re not sure if it will fit the nozzle.
- AGARO HD-1150 2200-Watt Professional Hair Dryer with Concentrator, Diffuser & Cool Shot Button (Rs. 1631)
- VEGA Pro-Xpert 2200 W Professional Hair Dryer with Diffuser & 2 Detachable Nozzles (VHDP-03) (Rs. 1799)
- VEGA Super Pro 2400 Professional Hair Dryer With Diffuser, 2 Detachable Nozzle & Travel Pouch (VHDP-04) (Rs. 2399)
- Wahl 5439-024 Super Dry Professional Styling Hair Dryer (Rs. 3099)
- Babyliss D342E DC Dryer 2200W
- Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer
- Curly Collapsible Hair Diffuser For Hair Dryers
- Segolike Universal Collapsible Silicone Hair Diffuser for Hair Dryers
You can also browse my Amazon Store.
Hell yeah, this post contains affiliate amazon links. I work my butt off on these reviews for you guys & using that link gives me coffee money! Which helps me stay up nights and make more such posts for you 😉. And rest assured, I won’t recommend anything I don’t love.
If you suffer from back problems, bending for several minutes with your hair flipped forward can be painful. I say this from experience. In that case, take a section with your diffuser and rest your neck on the bed.
1. If diffusing is giving you frizz, check if you can switch to a hair dryer with tourmaline or ceramic technology.
3. Remember to measure and match both the diameter of the hair dryer and the diffuser attachment if you are buying them separately.
4. Don’t touch your hair with your fingers while you are diffusing.
5. Add duck bill clips at the crown for even more volume
6. ‘Double Plop’ before drying- speeds up the process.
Whew! I hope this review+ my primer on diffusing helps you with more relaxed mornings (or evenings, whenever you wash your curls) and gorgeous, killer waves and curls.
Join The Conversation
The best part of writing for you guys is to hear you write back! Let me know if you liked this post in the comment section. If you have a favourite diffuser, share!
See you back on the blog on my next post. Follow me on Instagram (@thecuriousjalebi), Facebook or join my Facebook Group- Ask Jalebi I post exclusive tips & videos on my social media that I don’t share on my website, so make sure you follow to never miss out!