Let’s face it. Curly Hair products can be quite pricey.
If you’re just starting the CG Method for the first time, you’re so confused already.
And then if you’re still in school, college or just have a small budget, you can’t really afford to spend a lot.
‘Please tell me budget friendly product names only, I can’t afford more than Rs.500 or Rs. 1000 per month’ is a common request from my readers.
I’m here to tell you that you can absolutely have beautiful hair without breaking the bank.
I’ve listed routines and products that are light on the pocket…
AND I personally know they work rather well on most dry, frizzy hair, be it wavy or curly!
Try the techniques and tips mentioned with such products FIRST before you move on to more expensive ones.
This way, you won’t blame a potentially good product just because you didn’t know how to use it well.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, please read this first- Curly Hair Tips for Beginners
Table of Contents
- 1 Curly Hair Products For Beginners in India
- 2 Video Tutorials with Pocket-friendly Indian Products
- 3 International Curly Hair Products For Beginners
Curly Hair Products For Beginners in India
When you’re starting, just buy at least a good conditioner (most important) and a shampoo. Choose the closest to your budget from the list below.
You can add more expensive products later! Remember, shampoo is NOT the most important thing for curly hair, it’s a conditioner.
A conditioner can be made to use as a leave in conditioner by mixing it with some water. It can be made into a deep conditioner with a few drops of oil and honey which makes it a great multi-tasking product!
- Mamaearth Happy Heads Hair Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs.349)
- WOW Apple Cider Vinegar No Sulphate & Parabens Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs.399)
- The Moms Co. Natural Protein Shampoo– CG Friendly (Rs.429) | Protein
- RE’ EQUIL Hair Fall Control Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs. 450)
- RE’ EQUIL Dandruff Control Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs. 450)
- Best Life Argan Nourish Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs. 549)
- Curl Up Curl Moisturising Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs. 575)
- Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs. 590)
Read my Review
- Plum Goodness Olive & Macadamia Healthy Hydration Shampoo – CG Friendly (Rs.675)
- Fix My Curls Squeaky Cleansing Shampoo For Curly and Wavy Hair– CG Friendly (Rs. 895)
- MATRIX Biolage Aloe Hydrating Conditioner – Not CG Friendly | Protein Free (Rs. 157)
Has IPA (Isopropyl alcohol but less than 1% of the whole product so you use it in a CG Routine)
- Enliven Natural Fruit Extracts Coconut and Vanilla Conditioner – CG Friendly (Rs.305)
- Enliven Fruit Conditioner, Raspberry & Red Apple – CG Friendly (Rs.305)
- RE’ EQUIL Babassu Anti Frizz and Smoothening Conditioner – CG Friendly (Rs. 350)
- RE’ EQUIL Murumuru Damage Repair Conditioner – CG Friendly (Rs. 350)
- Best Life Argan Nourish Conditioner – CG Friendly (Rs. 449)
- Curl Up Curl Hydrating Conditioner – CG Friendly (Rs. 590)
- Vilvah Cream Conditioner – CG Friendly (Rs. 750) (Use my code CURIOUS10 to get 10% OFF)
- Fix My Curls Mellow Hydrating Deep Conditioner For Curly and Wavy Hair – CG Friendly (Rs. 850)
Learn how to use these below products in this post – Deep Conditioning for Curly Hair
- DIY Deep Conditioner- Mix any good conditioner+ 3-4 drops of oil+ 1 tbsp honey
- Lotus Herbals Soyasmooth Protein Creme Deep Conditioner – CG Friendly (Rs. 189)
- Aaranyaa Spa At Home Argan Oil Hair Pack – CG Friendly | Protein Free (Rs. 400)
- MATRIX By fbb Hydra Creme Intense Ultra Hydra Source Hydrating Masque – NOT CG Friendly | Protein Free (Rs.445)
Has IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) which isn’t allowed in CG but it is less than 1% of the whole product, should not be drying and can be used in a CG Routine.
Read my review
- Mamaearth Argan Hairfall Control Mask – CG Friendly | Protein (Rs.589)
- Plum Olive & Macadamia Mega Moisturizing Hair Mask – CG Friendly (Rs.895)
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter – Cg Friendly | Protein Free (Rs.995)
Leave in Conditioner
- DIY leave in conditioner – Take a spray bottle and add some conditioner (1/4th) to it. Add 3/4th water and mix. Spray and apply on hair as you would a normal conditioner.
- Fix My Curls Stay Leave In Cream For Curly and Wavy Hair – CG Friendly (Rs. 725)
- Ashba Botanics Right Ringlets Leave-in Conditioner for Curly/Wavy Hair – CG Friendly (Rs. 949) Made by India’s first Curly Hair Blogger Asha Barrack! LOVED this leave in conditione
- Aveda Be Curly Style-Prep – CG Friendly (Rs. 950)
- Arata Hair Cream – CG Friendly (Rs.599) or Buy Here (Use code CURIOUSARATA & get 20% OFF on orders above Rs.999)
Read my review
- Curl Up Curl Defining Cream – CG friendly (Rs. 690)
- Cantu Shea Butter For Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream – CG Friendly (Rs. 974)
- DIY Flaxseed Gel
So effective and easy to make! Incredibly cheap too. Watch this video to learn how to make it right.
- Set Wet Hair Gel Cool Hold – CG Friendly (Rs.75)
- Himalaya Men Daily Nourish Styling Gel, Strong Hold – CG Friendly (Rs. 90)
- Set Wet Hair Gel Ultimate Hold – CG Friendly (Rs.180)
- Schwarzkopf Taft All Weather Looks Marathon Power Gel, Long Lasting Hold – CG Friendly (Rs. 350)
- Giovanni Organic LA Natural Styling Gel – CG Friendly (Rs.595)
- Arata Hair Gel – CG Friendly (Rs.599) or Buy Here (Use Code CURIOUSARATA & get 20% OFF on orders above Rs.999)
Read my review
- Fix My Curls Glaze Defining Hair Gel For Curly and Wavy Hair – CG Friendly (Rs. 775)
To SOTC/Pre-poo (Oil)
- Castor Oil, Sesame Oil and Black Seed Oil is great for hair growth.
- Tea Tree & Rosemary essential oil is great for dandruff prone scalp.
- Coconut oil is the only oil that penetrates the hair the most. You can be sensitive to coconut however so remember to check that on your hair.
- Jojoba Oil is the only oil that comes close to matching our body’s oil production. It is wonderful for hair.
- Argan Oil is one of the lightest oils that is great in reducing frizz and protecting your hair from environmental damages.
Accessories for Curly Hair
- Roots Broad Teeth Comb for Wavy/Curly Thick Short Hair – (Rs. 189)
- Shampoo Brush – (Rs. 223)
Great for massaging your scalp, increasing rate of hair growth & brilliant to cleanse your scalp when you’re co-washing!
- Stay On Satin Cristina Nites Bonnet Sleep Cap – (Rs. 621)
- Denman Medium Hair Styling Brush– (Rs.895)
Ah! My holy grail! It gives me incredibly defined curly hair. Read up up more in my review. (This is optional. You can also use a wide tooth comb+narrow comb)
Please note, this is not the full list of products but just some good+affordable ones you can start out with.
If you want more options, go here- All Curly Hair Products in India
Video Tutorials with Pocket-friendly Indian Products
International Curly Hair Products For Beginners
If you’re staying in the UK or USA, most of the brands mentioned below are found easily at departmental stores, Sally’s, Trader Joe’s, Wallmart and any ethnic hair store. They are also usually affordable.
- Sheamoisture Shampoo, Conditioner, Deep Conditioners
- Trader Joe’s Tingle Tree Shampoo & Conditioner
- Suave Naturals Conditioners
- Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner
- Vo5 Herbal Escapes Conditioners
- Aussie Instant Freeze Gel
- L.A. Looks Sport Look Gel
- As I Am Coconut CoWash & Leave in Conditioner
- Not Your Mother’s Conditioners
- Eden Bodyworks
How should you use these products once you buy them, you ask?
If you have wavy hair, follow this routine- Step by Step CG Method for Wavy Hair
Those with more curly hair, follow this routine- Step by Step CG Method for Curly Hair
I hope this list of budget-friendly, CG Friendly curly hair products encourages you to try the tips and techniques I’ve written on this blog and shown on my Youtube Channel.
If you have any doubts, please join my private FB group- Ask Jalebi and ask me, I’d be happy to help!
Follow me @thecuriousjalebi on Instagram if you’re there, I post tips & videos there often!