LOVE DIY flaxseed gel but don’t have the patience or the time to keep making it every week? You’re going to LOVE the Arata Hair Gel! In the hunt for inexpensive, alcohol-free, silicone-free products we can often compromise on other ingredients, which can make them harmful to use continously. That’s not the case with Arata Zero Chemicals.
Like their name claims, they create 100% plant sourced, cruelty free products. They have lip balms, face washes, bodywashes and more but it was the Arata Hair Cream and Hair Gel my followers tagged me in and asked me to review.
Thank you to the team for sending the products across to try! They’ve also given a discount code for you guys so that you can SAVE 15% on your order should you choose to buy it. Find the code and my review on Arata Hair Gel below!
Table of Contents
- 1 Product Description
- 2 Product Details
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Is it Cg
- 5 Why Should You Use A Gel?
- 6 How to use a Gel on Wavy/Curly Hair
- 7 Arata Hair Cream and Hair Gel Video
- 8 Who Should Use Arata Hair Gel
- 9 How Much Gel Should You Apply
- 10 My Experience with Arata Hair Gel
- 11 Use it with
- 12 Reader Testimonials
- 13 Buy Arata Hair Gel Online
- 14 DISCLAIMER
No fear of hair fall, thinning or whitening ever again. Arata Hair Gel is a 100% Natural medium-to- strong-hold hair gel packed with all natural goodness. It yields international salon-standard looks, without the damage caused by parabens and chemicals found in existing hair products. This 0% Chemical hair styling gel is just what you have been waiting for. Our unique formula contains Natural Flax Seed Extract and eliminates the risk of hair damage without compromising on results.
Quantity: 125 ml
Texture: Slimy like DIY Flaxseed Gel. It glides easily.
Shelf-Life: 12 months
Organic Flax Seed Extract, Propanediol (VegetableExtract), Dehydroxanthan Gum (Natural Sugar Extract), Lonicera Caprifolium (Italian Honeysuckle Extract), Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle Extract), Water, ECOCERT Natural Fragrance (Flower Extract), Sodium Gluconate (From Sugar Glucose).
Is it Cg
Yes! Unlike most hair gels available, especially in India, Arata hair gel does NOT have any drying alcohol or bad ingredients. It is also Protein free.
Why Should You Use A Gel?
Gels add definition and can drastically reduce frizz in wavy and curly hair. Since gels form a cast around your natural hair and helps them remain clumped together, it also protects your hair from getting frizzy. Moisture isn’t allowed to leave your hair or enter it from your environment, which in India is SO important! We live in mostly humid, sticky climates and a gel can help your curls to remain defined LONGER. Plus many people with wavy hair feel a leave in conditioner weighs down their hair and rather use a gel to fight off the frizz.
How to use a Gel on Wavy/Curly Hair
- On wet hair, after applying a light leave in conditioner/ curl cream (I’ve used Cantu Curl Activator in the pic above), take a big dollop of the Arata Hair Gel and smooth it on to the hair.
- PS- If your hair doesn’t like creams and leave in’s simply use the gel to style straight after your shower. I know many wavy girls who do STC in the shower and just style with a gel later.
- You can simply scrunch up after this with a t-shirt or use a styling comb to comb through the product.
- The former will give you fatter, bigger clumps and using a styling comb will give more multiple, smaller clumps.
- Remember that if you have light wavy or curly hair, combing after applying a gel can open up the clumps. In that case, simply smooth on the gel and scrunch.
- After your curls dry, SOTC (Scrunch out the Crunch) with a light oil spread in your palms.
2. Slick Hair Bun/ Hair styles
Who says wavy and girls can’t rock a clean bun? If you’re in the mood for an updo that leaves your neck bare, or just having a bad hair day, try rocking a bun. Remember to spritz water on your hair, comb it back till mid length where the curls start and use the Arata hair gel to slick back baby hairs and make it look neat! You can watch the video below to see how I do it.
View this post on Instagram
Want to carry a sleek look at work or do something different with day 3/4 hair? ✅ Spray your crown with water and take a narrow comb to slick it back. ✅ Tie it into a high ponytail and use a sock bun (I got mine from H&M) and use it like I’ve shown here! ✅ Take some gel (alcohol free please) to pin down any stray baby hair. ✅ Use bobby pins if there are any stray curls in the bun! 🔥 Put on some statement earrings to show off your neck and wear your favourite lipstick! . ‘Save’ this post so you can watch it whenever you want to try this! 😊
Arata Hair Cream and Hair Gel Video
Watch my video where I tested the products on my curls and my best friend’s curly hair! You can see how I apply both the Arata hair cream and hair gel and the results. (Ps- Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel– Your support is what keeps it going. PLUS you’ll be the first to know when I post new videos!)
Who Should Use Arata Hair Gel
- Wavy and curly girls/boys who find their curls lose shape within a day and want them to last longer.
- If you live in humid, muggy places and need an extra frizz fighting product.
- You want to use gels but hate the crunchy feeling most gels give.
- Leave-in’s and curl creams weigh down your hair but you need something to protect them from frizz.
- You like clean, neat hair styles but suffer from hair loss when you use other gels.
- You want to make your curls & waves look more defined.
How Much Gel Should You Apply
This will change from person to person. You need to apply enough to coat the hair. This consistency is slightly runny so I don’t need a lot for each section. Keep trying until you personally get results you like. Remember, if your curls become straight and stiff- then you’ve applied too much.
DON’T forget to remove the gel cast after your curls fully dry by scrunching with a light oil. This breaks the cast, makes them softer and more voluminous!
My Experience with Arata Hair Gel
You know how big of a fan I am for Ecostyler gel. To find I have similar results with the Arata Hair Gel is a lovely surprise. Since the consistency is slightly watery and slides easily, it keeps my curls moisturised too. I do find it leaves a light cast when I’m heavy handed with the gel but I can easily break it with SOTC’ing it.
My curls last well till day 2 with this gel, after which my hair starts to fall limp and I wrap it in a bun like you saw in the video a few paras above. But that’s the case with most of my wash-n-go’s now. Currently at the time of writing this review, Delhi’s weather is clammy, humid and sultry, with frequent visits from dust and thunderstorms. If you’re a curly girl, you know how our hair feels the incoming storm before it comes on the news! 😉
Granted, I spend most of the day indoors in an air conditioned office except while travelling in the metro and auto to and fro. Remember, don’t buy this gel expecting a hard cast. It’s light and doesn’t weigh down your hair.
- CG Friendly
- Protein & Glycerine Free
- Water Soluble so no build-up!
- No parabens or harmful chemicals
- Easily Available in India
- Pocket-Friendly at JUST Rs.599!
- Leaves a light cast and doesn’t weigh hair down
- Makes them shiny
- Keeps baby hairs in place
- No flaking or itching after using this gel
- No crunchy curls after it dries
- Great for curly, coily hair types and wavy hair that gets stiff with other hard hold gels.
- It pairs well with other styling products.
- Light cast means it’s more susceptible to the weather, especially super humid areas.
- You can lose definition quicker with strenuous physical movement
- If you’re looking for a really hard hold gel, this isn’t it.
Use it with
1. Results with Arata Hair Cream
2. Results with Cantu Curl Activator
View this post on Instagram
What other creams does @aratazerochemicals hair gel work well with you ask? . . . My Cantu Curl Activator! How long do my curls last? Does it leave a cast? Find out in my review (doing separately on both the hair cream and gel) coming soon on the blog! 💕 . Long video because I couldn’t decide what clip to post out the ones I took yesterday 😂
Or use any other leave in conditioner/curl cream you have in your arsenal.
“Yeah.. I used both z combo (Arata Hair Cream+ hair Gel).. n yes.. thr r perfect for wash n go routine .I really like it..gave me good curl definition in thz Summer.”
Buy Arata Hair Gel Online
Buy on Arata Official Website
Use my code CURIOUSARATA to pay 15% LESS than everybody else! Apply it on their official website for orders above Rs.999 (Check out my review on Arata Hair Cream if you want to add that to the cart)
These products were sent to me by the team at Arata Zero Chemicals but my opinion here is mine only and unbiased. Do remember that everyone’s hair is different and the best way to find out is by trial and error. 🙂
Don’t forget to check out my review on the Arata Hair Cream. Until next post, i hope to see you saying hello on my Instagram- please don’t feel shy! I post my outfits, curly hair tips and more!