When I started this blog, I was struggling to find products I could afford.
Over time, due to the blog getting popular (touchwood) and my own salary increasing (touchwood and thank god cuz ya girls has expensive tastes lol), I had been trying, reviewing many international curly hair products.
While I love them and I find they work really well, many of my readers got back to me asking for pocket-friendly options that also won’t take weeks to deliver.
‘Please tell me affordable Cg Friendly option in India’
‘I’m in school and my budget is Rs.1000, please share shampoo and conditioner options in India’
If you are one of them, get excited. This and many posts are planned in the future for affordable, Curly Girl Approved, pocket-friendly products that are easily available in India!
And what better product to start with than the Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo! Already a favourite among the curly community in India, this shampoo is now with new sustainable packaging too.
So let’s get to it in detail – will this suit your hair? Read my review to find out!
Table of Contents
- 1 Disclaimer
- 2 About Vilvah
- 3 Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo Review
I was sent Vilvah shampoo and conditioner (old packaging and the conditioner was the light one) by the brand a few months ago.
Founded by Kruthika Kumaran, Vilvah Store is an all-natural skincare & haircare brand made from fresh ingredients sourced from local farmers.
She started this clean and sustainable skincare range after seeing how sensitive her mother’s and daughter’s skin was, creating a line of products that are without sulphates, silicones, parabens, artificial fragrance, harsh chemicals, Glycols, & GMOs.
Her products consists of natural and organic agricultural produce, goatmilk, carrier oils, essential oils and butter.
Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo Review
Our Moisturising Goats Milk Shampoo enriched with hydrolysed silk protein and Banana extract cleanses the hair from everyday dirt and grime, repairs dry and damaged hair and will leave your hair soft, glowing and manageable. No sulphates, No parabens, No silicones, No harsh chemicals.
- Quantity: 200 ml
- Texture: Thick, creamy
- Lather- Medium
- pH – balanced between 5.5-5.8 (ideal pH for your hair)
- Fragrance:- 100% Natural Scent. Jasmine scent, I find it quite strong.
- Price: Rs. 590
Ingredients of Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo
Aqua, Farm Fresh Goatmilk, Jasmine Hydrosol, Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultain (Derived from fatty acids of coconut oil), Cocamidopropylbetain (Derived from coconut oil), coco glucoside (Ecocert approved natural surfactant), Sodium hydroxide, Sodium cocyl glycinate (natural surfactant), Glycol distearate, Argan oil, Jasmine Essential oil, Neroli Essential oil, Vanilla oil, Sodium PCA, Citric acid, Banana extract, Hydrolysed Silk protein, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium gluconate (from sugar glucose)
Notes on Ingredients
- CG friendly
- Has Protein
- Hydrolysed Silk protein is present but in the last few ingredients and as a result this will have a very mild protein effect.
- Cocamidopropylbetain and coco glucoside are gentle cleansing agents that won’t leave your hair dry.
- Goatmilk is filled with fats and great at moisturising hair and soothing irritated skin.
- Jasmine Hydrosol is the reason why it smells so strongly of jasmine. It’s distilled Jasmine water!
- Argan oil,Jasmine Essential oil, Neroli Essential oil, Vanilla oil will leave hair moisturised but it can make you feel it’s too rich for a shampoo.
How to Use Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo
- Drench your hair in water and take a small amount in your palm.
- Rub through your scalp slowly with the tips of your fingers, not your nails.
- The shampoo does lather a little so for those who love that feeling, don’t worry you won’t get it from sulphate free products!
- Apply on the length of your hair and rinse.
- REMEMBER– this if you have been using products with silicones as an ingredient, you will need to use a clarifying shampoo first to remove the build-up. This shampoo is sulphate free, hence works best on cleansed hair.
VIDEO Tutorial with Vilvah Goatmilk Shampoo and Conditioner
- Cleanses decently– left my scalp feeling clean but without the dryness.
- Lathers slightly
- The goat milk nourishes curls and softens the cuticle – it is a natural conditioner!
- Goat milk is also great for a sensitive scalp– itchiness, psoriasis, eczema etc.
- Jasmine Essential oil, Neroli Essential oil, Vanilla oil leave hair feeling super soft
- pH balanced – so your hair’s cuticle is not raised (less frizz) after you’re done rinsing it out
- Banana extract is great to moisturise curls and reduce frizz and vitamins
- CG Friendly/ Curly Girl Approved (No sulphates, silicones, drying alcohols)
- Leaves curls smelling like Jasmine
- The scent is too strong for me. It lingers well after you rinse out the conditioner as well. For people with a sensitive nose, this may be an issue.
- When I oil my hair heavily, I find it takes longer to remove with this shampoo – I find it easier to use it when hair is not or lightly oiled.
- If your hair gets very dirty and oily too often, you might want a stronger cleanser.
Anyone with frizzy, dry hair and scalp that want to clean their scalp & length without stripping it of it’s natural oils. It’s also great for people with an itchy or sensitive scalp.
I hope you liked this review! Want to check out more? Click here.
Want to see more tips and tutorials? Follow me on Instagram @thecuriousjalebi and if you have any doubts, join my private coaching group Ask Jalebi!
View this post on Instagram
What a productive Saturday! And breezy too 😆 Shot a new video with only #India based products that are also #pocketfriendly & #cgfriendly- . 1️⃣ @vilvah_ goat milk shampoo (Use code CURIOUS10 for 10% Off) 2️⃣ @reequil conditioners – I used both (per section) to see the difference. Both have insanely good slip! 3️⃣ @ashbabotanics leave in conditioner 4️⃣ @ashbabotanics curl defining gel 5️⃣ @curlkeeper flexi brush 6️⃣ @disguisecosmetics Rainbow glow oil to SOTC! (LOVING this) 🌟 Subscribe to my channel to get notified when my videos comes out – to see my FULL routine from start to finish! 😁
Are Schwarzkopf products CG friendly?
I don’t think so, maybe one or two could be but I’m not sure. Run the ingredients on curlsbot.com or isitcg
Please recommend good organic shampoo, SLSs and paraben free for straight hair with hairfall issues.
Shampoos that are normally available in the market won’t do much (if not nothing) for hair lass. You should see a dermatologist for this, that would be better.
Hi can you pls suggest a CG shampoo for an oily scalp
Try Arata Super or Cleansing shampoo- the latter is more on the drier side. If you are using these just apply on scalp and let is rinse off. Don’t apply on the length of the hair.
Hey, which shampoo and conditioner is best to control hairfall and dandruff
Hairfall depends on mostly internal factors- hormones, vitamins, diet, genetics. But for dandruff I suggest reading this, it also mentions shampoo names- https://thecuriousjalebi.com/2019/01/07/tips-to-treat-dandruff-cg-method/
Hi can u suggest kids shampoo. My daughter is 10 years and she has got,dry frizzy and curly hair
Moms co, mamaearth, chicco baby shampoo are affordable and fine I think. If she has dry hair, don’t skip conditioner, that’s more important than shampoo to reduce frizz and leave it soft. If you can get this, it’s also a good option- https://amzn.to/3nkZTig
hi..can u share for good shampoo for straight and normal hair types pls
Try herbal essences, think their shampoos have sulphates which will help straight hair not get limp but also moisturise.