Hi my lovely readers! I’m back at it again with another review! This review of Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque comes highly requested by many readers in India following a CG routine.
I know it’s not easy to always splurge hence I’m making an active effort to include brands you can get in India without shelling out a lot of cash. I know the struggle – I used to be so broke in college that I’d use the pink sunsilk conditioner as a conditioner AND a leave in. It worked for me then, as you can see from the picture below 😉
I wasn’t particular about silicone free products as I am now though. If you’re trying to sport a cg friendly routine and want a go -to product that many curly girls use, do check this review out. You won’t be disappointed! <3
Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque Review
Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque Description:
It can be scary when there is more hair on the floor than on your head. Don’t worry, Mamaearth’s Argan Hair Mask is specifically created to help reduce hair fall and strengthen your hair. Our hair mask is enriched with the goodness of Argan and Avocado Oil (Pallavi- “I see no avocado oil but in their ingredient list??”), that helps make your hair soft and bring back the shine. Hair fall is reduced and there is an increase in hair growth. Collagen in the hair mask helps in strengthening the hair and does not allow it to break. Tea tree oil with argan oil reduces the occurrence of dandruff and keeps the scalp moisturized. Along with milk protein and curd extracts that have been used since ancient times, you can be assured that our Argan Hair Mask will strengthen the roots and reduce hair fall.
- ARGAN HAIR MASK TO REDUCE HAIRFALL- Argan oil is proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier. It is the ideal hair conditioner, and it can even help to treat split ends and tame frizzy hair. It also prevents hair fall and promotes hair growth.
- REPAIRS DAMAGED HAIR- Hair often breaks and becomes brittle before it thins and falls out. This weakening can be linked to lower collagen levels, too. Collagen supplementation will strengthen the hair, ensuring that it doesn’t break and become brittle.
- HEALTHY SCALP- Tea tree oil helps in unclogging hair follicles and nourishes your roots. This has been used as a great dandruff cure for ages. Tea tree oil is also very good for dry scalp. It moisturizes by nourishing your scalp and your hair really well.
- DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED – Clinically tested in Europe, Hypoallergenic and Fragrance-free (Natural flower extracts for fragrance)
- CERTIFIED TOXIN FREE- Asia’s First MadeSafe Certified Brand, No parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances etc.
- Price– Rs.599
- Quantity– 200 ml
- Texture– Thick but very easy to apply on damp/wet hair.
- Fragrance– Has no chemical fragrances so it can smell a little weird to some. It smells like milk/curd to me.
- Shelf-Life– 24 months from date of manufacturing
Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque Ingredients
P.s- Check the ingredients before you buy as they can change over time.
Purified Water, Milk Protein, Curd Extract, Argan Oil, Rosemary Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Sodium Citrate, Brassica Alcohol, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrolysed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate & Potassium Sorbate.
Notes on Ingredients:
- Milk Protein or Lactalbumin, is called the ‘perfect protein’ and has high lactic acid content with 8 essential amino acids. It increases body, make hair more manageable and increases strength of your hair. I think this SHOULD be hydrolysed milk protein for it to REALLY work as a protein treatment.
- Curd Extract – it has been SO difficult to find proper information on this online! This could be either caesin or whey protein that’s dried up as a powder. Again, protein in hair care products reduce damage, treat stressed, coloured, heat damaged hair and can bring back shine and moisture..
- Argan Oil – It beats even coconut oil in the amount of Vitamin E it has! This antioxidant helps hair to grow faster, reduces damage by UV Rays and environmental pollutants & also helps reduce split ends. It’s also prefect to fight frizz without feeling your hair is weighed down.
- Rosemary oil stimulates hair growth and reduces dandruff, Cedarwood oil is Antibacterial and Tea tree oil is well known for it’s antimicrobial properties (reduces dandruff).
- Sodium Citrate and Potassium Sorbate are perservatives.
- Brassica Alcohol (fatty alcohol, not a drying one) and Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine are hair conditioning ingredients which make it easier to detangle.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is a mix of fatty acids from coconut that help retain moisture (creates a barrier to prevent water loss) and is a non greasy conditioning agent.
- Hydrolysed Collagen is a protein & strengthens hair.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is supposed to be moisturising and increase ‘suppleness’ in hair.
- Again, where is the Avocado oil they’re talking about?
Is Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque CG Friendly
Yes! It is free of sulphates, silicones, drying alcohols, mineral oils. It also doesn’t have parabens, pthalates & fragrances.
Is it Protein Free
NOPE! It’s got 3 different proteins as ingredients, namely milk protein, curd extract AND hydrolysed collagen. This is definitely a protein rich hair mask.
How to Use Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque on Frizzy Hair
Hope everyone’s has a safe and colourful #holi! 💐Iv stayed in playing with colours in another way (watch my Instastory). For all those who were asking what shampoo, conditioner I used for my last video tutorial, find my wash routine below: . 🌸 @curlyellie Shampoo (So gentle! Review on the Blog, Tap Link in Bio 👆🏻) 🌸 @mamaearth.in masque – LOVING this! Review coming soon 😊 🌸 @raw_kyn deep treatment (Review coming soon) . I didn’t include my styling video routine in this video (you can watch it a few posts down) but for reference I used: . 🌼 @asiamnaturally leave in conditioner 🌼 @thebodyshopindia wheatgrass gel 🌼 @denmanbrush to style and distribute products evenly 🌼 Diffused on low heat. (How to Diffuse tutorial on my YouTube Channel 🌝) 🌼SOTC by @righteousrootsoils ❤️ (Review + 10 Ways to Use it on Wavy Curly Hair is on the blog!) . Whew 😂
- Shampoo your hair to remove build up of oils, dirt and previous products.
- Section rinsed out, wet hair and smooth on a big dollop to each section.
- Use your fingers to gently detangle, followed with combs of your choice. I use a wide-toothed comb followed with a narrow comb.
- Tie it into a bun or pony & cover with a shower cap for min 5 minutes (when you want to use it as a normal conditioner), 30-45 minutes (as a deep treatment).
- Rinse it off and style as normal.
Can This Be
- Used as a Leave in Conditioner- Yes, it will make hair very soft but I’ve heard it can weigh down waves and curls from my readers as well. It is too heavy for me to use it as a leave in. Also, this is rich in proteins – wouldn’t recommend you leave it in if you are sensitive to protein.
- Used on the scalp– According to the product, you can but unless you’re used to ‘co-washing’ and know your scalp can take it, I wouldn’t suggest it. Last thing you need is something clogging your pores.
- Before shampoo or after shampooing– Both can be done. If you are using a medicated shampoo for your scalp, which can be very drying, apply this on the length of the hair first. Now when you shampoo the scalp and it rinses off, this barrier will prevent the rest of the hair from getting dry!
- Used on Low Porosity Hair– I have low porosity hair. I don’t see any negative effects of using it as a deep treatment. It will weighs down my hair however when I will use it as a leave in conditioner.
My Experience with Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque
If I had to pit the slip and detangling power of this masque versus Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Masque– Mamaearth will win. It is more creamy and thicker and reduces time spent in the shower to properly condition and remove the knots in my curls. I do not like the smell though! I guess I’ve gotten used to tropical scents in my curly hair products.
This definitely moisturises my hair and makes it more soft and tamed. I don’t keep this on for more than 30 minutes and prefer completely rinsing this out! I definitely think it is a great hair mask at this price point.
The funny thing is though- even after all the protein in it- I didn’t really see the effects of ‘protein treatment’ as such. They’re usually supposed to make hair slightly more rigid, bring structure and body. This just really moisturises hair for me & gives a nice defintion. Perhaps it’s their formulation or I’m not as sensitive to protein?
Or from what I’ve read from Wendy’s incredibly informative posts on Proteins in hair products, not all proteins affect everyone the same way. This masque is safe for me to use without worrying about protein- moisture imbalance!
Look above in the picture – I get wonderfully moisturised, fat clumps right after rinsing out the masque!
- Free of toxins, silicones, parabens, mineral oils, pthalates
- Cg Friendly
- Affordable as compared to many other CG friendly products in India
- Super creamy and easy to apply on hair
- Great at detangling wavy and curly hair
- Reduces frizz and dryness
- No fragrance, has only natural scents from the oils used
- Great for mothers looking for clean products
- Reduces breakage
- I saw no visible change as such expected from a protein treatment, so if I WANTED it to work as a protein treatment, this is not what I will use.
- It can weigh down looser waves and curls
- If your hair is really sensitive to protein (perhaps mine isn’t), be careful. A few readers who told me after using it, their hair felt drier- signs of sensitivity to protein.
- I do think it can reduce hair fall by reducing hair breakage but I saw no difference in hair fall from the scalp. I didn’t expect it to but – I genuinely think topical products can only do so much if not balanced by healthy nutrition
Will I Buy This Again? Will I Recommend it?
I would definitely get this if I need a good hair mask on a budget and I do recommend this as a pocket-friendly option. I won’t buy it again as such JUST because I need to review SO many more products for you guys! Haha!
What My Readers Say
Nafisa, one of my readers who has light waves/curls LOVES the masque. She’s tried Amsarveda masque as well which gives her loose curls with no definition whereas this Mamaearth masque has become a staple now. She also uses it as a leave in conditioner and finds that it suits her. When she used it to deep condition, she says it almost works as a protein treatment. Check out her picture below!
Hiba, said it made her hair dry when she first bought it, but recently she faced hydral fatigue (curls become too moisturised and lose pattern), she used it and it worked a a perfect protein treatment for her.
Buy Mamaearth Argan Oil Hair Masque Online
This product was sent to me by Mamaearth to try along with their conditioner(not my fav). That has in no way affected my opinion – I have tried to be as honest as I can in my review. 🙂 This post does contain Amazon affliate links – that means, if you are sweet enough to use the Amazon link to buy the product, I earn coffee money (at no cost to you) that keeps me going and working hard to write these posts for you! <3
Also, hair and skin is subjective – what works for me might not work for you. Remember to take reviews you read online with a pinch of salt and remember that personal experiences can always be different!
If you find my tips helped you, please tag me in your results on Instagram with @thecuriousjalebi #thecuriousjalebitips so I can feel encouraged to continue and I can feature you! Until next time, guys!