Ever since I have started a CG Friendly Routine (I modify it- I do have to sometimes use a medicated shampoo for my dandruff and hair fall) I have been using The Bodyshop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo For Dry Hair, the conditioner & the hair butter (hair masque).
All three are easily available offline in any city where one has The Bodyshop store & online on Amazon, Nykaa & Flipkart. If you’re wondering if you should buy this for your curls, check out my personal experience below starting with the shampoo.
- Gently cleanses to help restore moisture and improve the hair’s softness without weighing it down, for a smooth and shiny finish.
- Contains pracaxi oil, manketti nut oil and Community Trade honey and sugar.
- No silicones, no sulphates, no parabens and no colourants
- For dry and damaged hair.
Water, Sucrose, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Lauryl Betaine, Laureth-5 CarboxylicAcid, Honey, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Prolylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Fragrance, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Sodium Benzoate, Sucrose Laurate, Isopropyl Alchohol, Polyquaternium-6, Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Schinziophyton Kautanenii Kernel Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol
Is It CG Friendly:
Again, an iffy situation because simply looking at it’s ingredients, you will notice Isopropyl Alcohol which is NOT ALLOWED in CG Routine. But since it is at the end of the ingredient list, it’s quantity is extremely less. It is a personal call to use this product. If you find it drying, it’s because of the Isopropyl Alcohol. Another reason I don’t mind it is I have an oily scalp prone to dandruff. This shampoo has helped reduce it.
- No sulphates – It lathers less & helps protect scalps natural scalp balance
- Cleanses scalp well – Even without sulphates, it leaves my scalp feeling really clean. I can’t co wash so this shampoo is perfect for a CG Friendly Routine.
- Large Quantity – The shampoo lasts me 7-8 months! I take care to only apply this to my scalp, this reduces dryness of the hair.
- It has a peculiar smell. Doesn’t last but I can’t quite wrap my mind around it. Thank fully the conditioner I currently use (Innis Free Camellia Essential Conditioner) has a strong, lovely fragrance so it’s okay.
- It has Isopropyl Alcohol which can be drying for some people.
Will I Buy This Again:
Yes. It suits my scalp well & leaves it feeling clean.
Buy it here: The Bodyshop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo
Check out the review of The Bodyshop Rainforest Moisture Conditioner here
& The Bodyshop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter here:
I hope you found this review helpful! Have you used this shampoo or any other Bodyshop product for your curls? Let me know in the comments below!