If ever there was an Indian brand that so many people with natural hair were excited about, it would be this! More specifically, the Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream and Hair gel made with flaxseed extract. CG friendly, affordable and easily available in India (If your heart is beating a little faster at this golden trio, I understand :P) – this was definitely on my watch list. Hence, I was super happy when the Arata team sent a couple of products to try and review for you guys.
Since I revealed my first impressions on my Instagram (see video below) and a post in the Curly Hair routine diary series, many of you came up with relevant questions about their products.
Will it suit wavy or curly hair? Will it weigh down my hair? Does it work in hot, humid areas? What can I use it with to style, etc. I’ve taken care to answer them in this post so it helps you decide better. If I’ve left any question, be sure to comment on this post to let me know or drop me a DM on Instagram.
I’ve also included a VIDEO TUTORIAL (for all you lazy nuts who don’t want to read) showing how I use the Arata hair cream and Arata Hair gel on MY hair AND @mriglow’s, who is one of my best friends and has beautiful, thick curls. For those who want more details, check out my review below!
Table of Contents
- 1 Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream Review
- 2 Product Description:
- 3 Product Details
- 4 Ingredients of Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream:
- 5 Is Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream CG Friendly
- 6 Why Should You Use A Hair Cream?
- 7 How to use Arata Hair Cream (Video + Steps)
- 8 Arata Hair Cream and Hair Gel Video
- 9 Who can Use Arata Hair Cream:
- 10 How Much To Apply:
- 11 My Experience with Arata Hair Cream:
- 12 Use Arata Hair Cream with:
- 13 Reader Testimonial
- 14 Buy it Online:
- 15 Disclaimer
Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream Review
100% Natural Hair Gel I Plant Based I Organic Ingredients I Zero Chemicals I Non – GMO I Vegan
No fear of hair fall, thinning or whitening ever again. Arata Hair Cream is a 100% Natural hair sculpting cream packed with the natural goodness of Flax Seed and Olive Extracts. It yields international salon-standard looks, without the damage caused by parabens and chemicals found in existing hair products. This 0% Chemical hair cream is fully water soluble and easily washes out unlike most sticky and gooey chemical products. Arata Hair Cream is just what you have been waiting for. Stay natural, stay stylish, stay slick.
Quantity: 100 g
Shelf Life: 12 Months
Ingredients of Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream:
Organic Flax Seed Extract, Coco Glyceride (Coconut Oil Extract), Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate (Vegetable Extract), Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Extract), Stearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Extract), Propanediol (Vegetable Extract), Hydrogenated Olea Europaea Oil (Hydrogenated Olive Oil), Olea Europaea Oil (Olive Fruit Oil), Olea Europaea Oil Unsaponifiables (Olive Oil Unsaponifiables), Sorbitan Olivate (Olive Oil Extract), Glyceryl Caprylate (Coconut Extract), Glyceryl Undecylenate (Coconut Extract), Dehydroxanthan Gum (Natural Sugar Extract), Lonicera Caprifolium (Italian Honeysuckle Extract), Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle Extract), Water, ECOCERT Natural Fragrance (Flower Extract), Sodium Gluconate (From Sugar Glucose).
Is Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream CG Friendly
Yes! No silicones, sulphates, drying alcohol, mineral oil, pthalates. PLUS, it’s plant-based, Vegan AND Organic.
Why Should You Use A Hair Cream?
Wavy and curly hair needs hydration even after cleansing and conditioning. Leaving a cream in after your shower will keep natural hair defined, healthy, shiny and bouncy till the next wash day. Not using a leave in conditioner or curl cream can damage your hair and leave it terribly frizzy (left pic). This is the number one mistake that curly girls make.
How to use Arata Hair Cream (Video + Steps)
- Shampoo and condition hair as normal. Rinse it out.
- Make sure your hair is still wet (but not dripping wet) and separate your hair into 2-3 sections.
- Smooth on the Arata Hair Cream (Praying Method) to each section.
- Now after this, there are 2 ways you can style.
- For fatter clumps:
Simply scrunch up the curls with a tshirt. Use water in your palms to scrunch up again, if you find hair has gotten dry or try the ‘Pulsing Method’.
- For more defined curly hair like mine:
This is what I do. Finger detangle & ‘Rake In’ after applying the cream and then use your favourite combs (I use a denman brush but you can easily use a wide-toothed comb or narrow comb) Watch my video if you didn’t understand.
- Apply Gel (Optional but RECOMMENDED over this hair cream. You can comb after the gel too)
- Take a t shirt and scrunch up. This helps the curls to form faster & removes excess product.
- Plop for 5-10 minutes
- Air Dry or use a diffuser
- After curls are dry, use a light oil to break the gel cast.
What do you do to your hair the next few mornings until you wash them again? Simply refresh them by spraying on some water and smoothing on a tiny amount of cream to revive the shine and bounce!
- Take your spray bottle (I use a flairosol) and spritz water on your curls.
- Take a small amount of cream and and smooth it on the frizzy areas.
- Fluff the roots (since they can get flat) and scrunch up for volume.
The IG video above (SWIPE for pictures) are after refreshing with the Arata Zero Chemicals Hair Cream.
Arata Hair Cream and Hair Gel Video
Watch my video where I tested the products on my curls and my best friend’s curly hair! You can see how I apply both the Arata hair cream and hair gel and the results. (Ps- Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel– Your support is what keeps it going. PLUS you’ll be the first to know when I post new videos!)
Who can Use Arata Hair Cream:
Honestly- just anybody with hair prone to dryness,frizz, breakage and split ends. It’s so nourishing and moisturising. Plus, it’s NOT heavy since it has no butters as an ingredient. Just the amount of cream will vary for different people.
For eg, people with light waves will need only a tiny amount of the cream whereas more coarse or curlier textures will need a generous amount. Girls with wavy, curly hair will REALLY benefit. If you are a curly/wavy girl on a CG Friendly routine on a budget, this is a nice option for your hair!
Some of my curl friends also told me it works for them in humid weathers, as long as you layer on a stronger hold gel over it. That is, IF you want to go many days without washing your hair and want to retain definition.
How Much To Apply:
This is always different for different thickness, length and definition you want. Test different amounts until you find the sweet spot. You can see the video if you want to know how much I used. Don’t be afraid to be generous. Another big mistake new curlies make is by being very stingy with the amount of product. This leads to frizzy hair and they think that’s because of the product and not because of their faulty technique.
My Experience with Arata Hair Cream:
I’m really, REALLY glad I tried and found this brand through my readers. MANY of you struggle with finding products on a budget and never had many options. I wish they existed when I was in college! Ah well, all of you can enjoy the benefits now. This cream suits my curls well (just look at the results in the video!) and my curls can last 2 days with it and the Arata Hair Gel and longer when I use it with a stronger gel.
Again, this does depend on your activities. I usually stay inside my office in an air conditioned room besides travelling in an auto and crowded metros. If you’re running around in the heat or work out daily, results can vary. In order to breakdown all the benefits, I’ve written both pros and cons of using the Ararta Hair Cream.
- The cream is incredibly moisturising and leaves my curls feeling super soft.
- It’s a lightweight cream and won’t weigh your hair down
- It spreads easily and has decent slip. I can detangle any knots that may have formed with ease.
- Doesn’t have any particular smell. For people who have a sensitive nose, this is great!
- Gives my curls good definition as long as I use a hard hold gel over it.
- CG Friendly, Vegan, Natural, Organic, Non-GMO & Plant based! Yay for #cleanbeauty!
- It has flaxseed extract which is GREAT for hair.
- Super- affordable at JUST Rs.599!
- Works well in humid, Indian climate.
- Easily available in India (!!!!)
- It’s Made in India! #EncourageLocalBrands
- I love using it to refresh my curls.
- Works well with it’s counterpart Arata Hair Gel for when you want your hair to feel super-light.
- Quantity is only 100 grams so it will last me around a month+. On my friend’s hair which is X3 times thicker than mine, it will finish faster. Why does this not bother me? It’s inexpensive for the value it offers with all the natural, clean ingredients and the ease at which I can order another right away!
- It moisturises my hair but doesn’t have a lot of hold – i.e it’s a nourishing hair cream and not a styling cream. If I need more definition and want to go longer without washing my curls again, I will NEED a stronger styling product on top like their hair gel or any other hard hold gel.
- It’s more efficient when I’m not running around under the sun, sweating profusely or subjecting it to multiple environments.
- I suggest you diffuse your curls after using the cream as it will give better results than simply air drying- but that’s a personal preference.
Use Arata Hair Cream with:
Arata Flaxseed Hair Gel, The Bodyshop Wheat Grass Gel, Ecostyler Gel, Kinky Curly Curl Custard, DIY Flaxseed Gel or your favourite gel. If it’s a combination you haven’t tried before, simply mix the two on your palm first to make sure there is no curdling or flaking. Below are results with The Bodyshop Wheatgrass Gel.
“I think the cream and gel pairs really well with the Kinky Curly custard and gives me the desired hold. Plus it’s a bonus for me since it’s protein and glycerine free. ♥”
Buy it Online:
The slow-mo video above is of my friend Mrinalini and my curls after we were done diffusing. Both of us used the hair cream and the hair gel so you can see how bomb the results are on both textures!
Convinced to try them out? I’d LOVE to know how it works on your hair! You can buy it online from the links below.
These products were sent to me by the team at Arata Zero Chemicals. That has not affected the review at all – I genuinely liked the products otherwise I’d not be singing it’s praises. 🙂 Also, I made the video where you can judge yourself how it worked on two naturally curly hair types.
Do remember that everyone’s hair is different and the best way to find out is by trial and error. 🙂
Don’t leave without checking out my review about their Arata Hair Gel. After that, I’ll see you on my Instagram where there’s more hair tips, goofy pictures and other #JalebiTings.