We all know Asha Barrack- well most of you would.
She started the first curly hair blog -Right Ringlets in India long back in 2014, then India’s biggest Facebook group of Indian wavies and curlies Indian Curl Pride and now Ashba Botanics Right Ringlets Leave-in-Conditioner and Curl Defining Gel!
Little did I know back in college that there will FINALLY be a brand for my hair type from India!
For many years I had only dreamt about brands in India creating products for just us which is not only Curly Girl Approved but affordable to Indians.
I was so so excited when I got the two products to try out a few months ago. Most of you who already follow me on Instagram will have seen mini-reviews there already.
Here’s all the things I’ve found I’ve liked or disliked about the leave in conditioner. You can head here if you want to read about the gel instead!
Table of Contents
- 1 About Ashba Botanics
- 2 Ashba Botanics Right Ringlets Leave in Conditioner Review
- 3 Testimonials
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Buy Now
- 6 Disclaimer
About Ashba Botanics
Named after our creator Asha Barrak, Ashba Botanics is the FIRST curly hair care brand in India. We bring carefully formulated products with naturally derived, toxin-free, safe ingredients.
The brand is an effort to lead on the revolution among the curly and wavy haired. It started from the curly hair movement brought about in India by our creator Asha Barrak (Right Ringlets, Indian Curl Pride)
Ashba Botanics Right Ringlets Leave in Conditioner Review
An ultra hydrating leave-in conditioner to give you the extra moisture your hair craves. Right Ringlets leave-in conditioner gives your hair just the right balance of moisture, protection and conditioning. Its moisturizing blend of Baobab Oil, Mongongo Oil, Quinoa and Rosemary enhances shine & reduces frizz.
- Quantity: 8 OZ (236 ml)
- Texture: Thinner than a curl cream but creamy
- Slip: Impressive
- Price: Rs. 949
Ashba Botanics Right Ringlets Leave in Conditioner Ingredients:
Aqua, *Brassicyl Isoleucinate Esylate, *Brassica Alcohol, *Behentrimonium Methosulfate, *Cetearyl Alcohol, *Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Adansonia Digitata Seed (Ubuntu Baobab Virgin) Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Ubuntu Mongongo Virgin) kernel oil, Urtica Dioica Leaf (Nettle) Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil, Cimicifuga Racemosa (Black Cohosh) Root Extract, Lepidium Meyenii (Maca) Root Extract, Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) Seed Extract, *Polyquaternium-10, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green tea) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Vaccinium Myrtillus (BILBERRY) Fruit/Leaf Extract, SaccharumOfficinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus AurantiumDulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Sodium PCA , Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, *Behentrimonium Chloride, *Heptyl Undecylenate, D-Panthanol , *Propanediol, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary ) Extract, L-Arginine, *Gaur Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Natural Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Gluconate, Ethylhexylglycerin and Tocopherol
Notes on Ingredients
- Brassicyl Isoleucinate Esylate is an emulsifier that offers superior conditioning performance aiding detangling and reducing flyaways.
- Brassica alcohol and Cetearyl Alcohol are NOT drying alcohols but a fatty alcohol that helps to soften and manage frizz.
- Behentrimonium methosulfate is NOT a sulphate which is drying, it actually provides a lot of SLIP and helps in detangling. I like the fact that it’s the 3rd ingredient, meaning it’s quantity in the product is significant
- It’s chock full of delicious oils – Baobab, Mongongo, Argan, Sunflower
- SO many plant based extracts! Without going in too deep, many of these will provide your hair with vitamins, minerals, shine and hydration
- It has Hydrolyzed Quinoa which is a protein. Since it’s not in the first 5 ingredients, it’s protein effect will be gentle but enough to give waves and curls some extra body and definition, even for low po hair.
How to Use
- On freshly shampooed and conditioned hair, when hair is still wet or damp, separate your hair into 2-3 sections.
- If you have wavy or loose curly hair, smooth on a generous amount of the ashba botanics right ringlets leave in conditioner to each section with ‘Praying hands‘ method.
- If you have curly hair, smooth on a generous amount of the product on each section. Take a comb or a brush and comb each section– this distributes the products better and helps in reducing frizz (Combing on wavy hair will break up clumps).
- Apply a gel in the same way and scrunch up with your fingers, followed with a t-shirt. (See my video tutorial to see exactly how to do this)
- Don’t rinse this out until you wash your hair again in the next 3-4 days.
- Air dry or use a diffuser.
- On the next day, for eg, day 2,3,4, simply spray on some water on your curls and smooth on a dollop of the leave in conditioner on the frizzy parts. Watch my Youtube video on ‘Refreshing Curly Hair’.
- Cg Friendly – No silicones, drying alcohols or sulphates whatsoever
- FILLED with moisturising oils and plant based extracts – great for helping hair remain frizz free and grow long without damage
- Pocket-Friendly (Only Rs.949 for a bottle that will easily last me 2 months)
- It has a LOT of slip which reduces breakage and is great for curls that get knotty and tangled fast
- It has protein but not in the first 5 ingredients ensuring an effective but gentle effect. People who have low porosity or protein sensitive hair shouldn’t be scared to try it.
- Smells mild- won’t irritate any sensitive noses.
- My curls felt soft and hydrated
- It’s not heavy like a curl cream so looser textures and wavy hair can also try this- just experiment with the amount and technique
- Glycerine FREE– which means it will work well in really hot or humid weather conditions as well!
- Indian– finally a brand made for Indian curlies!
I don’t have any complaints. This is a good product, formulated well, works well and I have a number of testimonials on this below by other curlies in India too in case you want more proof! 😉
At max I’d say that I do prefer results more when I add a gel after the leave in conditioner, espcially the Ashba Botanics Curl Defining Gel works very well to help my curls to clump better. I’ve also reviewed their gel here, in case you’re considering to buy both!
This leave in conditioner also works very well with Curly Girl Movement Gel, Arata Gel and Mielle Organics Ginger and Honey Styling Gel!
Anybody with dry, frizzy wavy and curly hair so it will work well for both loose and tight textures.
Here are some of other curlie’s & wavies results!
I absolutely love the formulation of the ingredients and makes it clear that Asha, with her knowledge of ingredients and her personal experience with curly hair products has devised a line that will suit both waves and curls. As a result it will leave them hydrated, defined and shiny especially in India’s tropical weather.
I would definitely buy this again, it’s absolutely worth the price.
The products were sent to be to try a few months ago but the review is NOT sponsored by them. I always aim to write a fair and balanced review and I hope this blog post reflects that! In case the product is in stock on Amazon and you buy it, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. This coffee money keeps my blog going! 🙂
Thank you for reading through the end! I hope this answers any and all questions you might have.
If not, don’t forget to comment below and ask me or head over to my private coaching group on Facebook – Ask Jalebi and ask your doubts there!