Instagram

My Favourite Curly Hair Products You Can Get in India + Links to Where You Can Buy Them

March 22, 2017

(This is an old post, I will be doing an updated holy grails & favourites soon. 🙂 )

It was never easy getting products for curly hair in India. But thankfully due to A,mazon, Flipkart, Nykaa & others, we can FINALLY enjoy curly hair products girls across the world like, trust & recommend.

I’ve divided the products according to different budgets (all of which I have tried) & after that I’ve included a list of curly hair products I really want to try next. I’ve heard those names from several curly hair Youtubers & bloggers so go ahead, try them out & experiment!

I have at the time of writing this included the link of the site which has the lowest price but remember, many of these websites hype up & reduce prices frequently. So compare it across sites & then only purchase!

If a product is in a combo, i have considered the individual price rather than combo price for the categorisation.

The products that are CG approved (without harsh sulphates & heavy silicones) have CG Friendly written next to it. I do not follow this rule completely since in the past I’ve seen my hair has more bounce & volume when i use a mild sulphate & silicone. But I might try it again.

Under Rs.500:

• Enliven Conditioner Rasberry – Rs.229 – CG Friendly
• Aroma Treasures Aloe Vera Gel – Rs. 321
• Microfiber Hair Wraps – Rs.175

(I’m currently researching on cheap products under this range, from shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner & gel so if you have any recommendations, comment & let me know!)

Under Rs. 1000

• OGX Coconut Curls Quencher Shampoo+Conditioner – Rs.1399 ( Around Rs.700 each)
• OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo – Rs.688
• OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner – Rs.659
• Giovanni Organic Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner – Rs. 595 -CG Friendly
• John Freida Dream Curls Shampoo – Rs.699
• John Freida Dream Curls Conditioner – Rs. 699
• The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Conditioner – Rs.795 -CG Friendly
• The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo for Dry Hair – Rs.795 -CG Friendly
• Garnier Sleek and Shine Intensely smooth leave in conditioner– Rs.898
• OGX Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream – Rs.725 -CG Friendly
• Eco Styler Styling Gel Firm Hold –  Rs.553 -CG Friendly
• Evolve Naturally Satin Bonnet Sunset – Rs.763
• L’Oreal Hair Spa Repairing CreamBath For Damaged Hair – Rs.600
• OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Frizz-Defying Curl Styling Milk – Rs.688
• Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream– Rs.964 ( With Shipping)

Under Rs. 2000:

• Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo – Rs. 1858 -CG Friendly
• Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Masque Deep Treatment – Rs. 1531 -CG Friendly
• TRESemme Conditioner, Flawless Curls Vitamin B1 – Rs.1543

If you have any suggestions for me to try – comment below & let me know or head on over to my Instagram @thecuriousjalebi & say hi! Follow me there for new curly hair posts & reviews. 🙂

Stay curly, stay happy!

Nandini
    September 27, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Thank u for this list! Ive started using cg method for the past 3 months and my hair fall has reduced drastically! Despite colouring my hair.. I need regular touch ups too.
    Fab India has come out with a sulphate free shampoo too.. any thoughts? And are the Taft gels cg friendly?

October 21, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Hey! You’re welcome, glad you found it helpful. I tried the fab india shampoo, my scalp hated it! 🙁 Taft gel is without alcohol, so yes it is CG Friendly

Hiba
    September 7, 2017 at 8:48 pm

I’m making a note of all these conditioners and leave ins…..apart from eco styler gel is there any other gel which could b used coz it’s really difficult to find these products even in shops that stock imported stuff.

September 23, 2017 at 11:30 am

Set Wet Gel (Blue), Taft gel are great options that you can get easily in stores.

Neena
    July 25, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Hi, Can u suggest some routine and products for low porosity hair?some deep conditioning mask too?

July 26, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Hey Neena, I’ll be writing a post for low porosity hair soon. Just remember till then to clarify your scalp and hair with shampoo often (product buildup happens faster in low porosity), use heat to deep condition ( get a shower cap or cholestrol cap), use a light leave in conditioner(kinky curly knot today is great) & use only light oils like almond and jojoba!

• Neena
        July 26, 2017 at 4:42 pm

bespectacled imp
    June 10, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Hi!
    It’s been a few months now that I’ve started the CG routine and so far its been great. But now I want to grow my hair really long (like till my lower back or so). Do you have any tips? Please help!
    Also I read on a few other blogs that those curly hair beauties really benefited from using non-CG friendly products to growing out their hair. Is that something you’ve had to do as well?

June 13, 2017 at 11:53 am

Hey! I think as long as you make sure that even while using cg friendly routine, you cleanse your scalp with a non sulphate shampoo, the scalp hygiene will be good to encourage hair growth. I’ll be writing a post on hair growth soon. Stay tuned ! 💕

Nisha Arora
    June 9, 2017 at 4:31 am

Nice Post ! I am using Mastani hair care kit of Amruta Pharma with awesome outcomes as it is natural and very effective.
    furthermore, my hair got shinier and more grounded inside one month.

SharMila
    April 25, 2017 at 9:21 am

Hey lovely ❤❤
    Thanku you so much ❤✌

Ingredients to Avoid & Have in Curly hair Products for CG Friendly Routine – The Curious Jalebi
    March 27, 2017 at 12:48 pm

[…] BUT, there are many CG Friendly products available in India now, thanks to Amazon, Flipkart, Nykaa, Purpelle & others. And newer & newer products keep getting introduced. There are some mentioned in this post – My Favourite Curly Hair Products in India. […]

What is the CG Method For Curly Hair? Do I Use This? – The Curious Jalebi
    March 27, 2017 at 12:32 pm

[…] products list in India soon. The only ones I’ve tried & liked already are listed in this blog post with a CG Friendly tag added in the end. Try them out & let me know if it suits your […]

Vibha
    March 23, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Patanjali’s aloe Vera gel
    Khadi shampoo
    L’oreal smooth intense conditioner
    All this r good & economical.
    Just give it a try