Instagram

Pocket-Friendly Indian Curly Hair Routine (Under 500 Rupees) Video Tutorial

May 17, 2017

Let’s face it. Most of us don’t have the time or most importantly, moolah to invest in a lot of products for curly hair. Especially considering many brands meant for our texture and are finally available in India come with shipping charges. So for all of the peeps who were asking me for cheap alternatives, this is is for you! I’ve also used products that you can easily get in stores.

I’ve shown you how I use and apply the products in this video tutorial below! Watch it, do subscribe to my channel & I’ll see you at my next video coming soon!

Follow me @thecuriousjalebi on Instagram if you’re there, I post tips & videos there often!

Ranjana
    September 24, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Hi Pallavi,
    Thank you for this tutorial it really helps many frizzy and tangled hair girls like me , Can you pls suggest a hair dryer and diffuser, as I have never used these thinking heat makes more frizz and breakage. Pls suggest a good hair dryer and diffuser, it will be great help.

October 21, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Hi Ranjana, glad I could help! Nova has a hair dryer and diffuser, so does Agaro, Baby Bliss etc πŸ™‚

20 Tips to Reduce Frizz in Curly & Wavy Hair – The Curious Jalebi
    August 6, 2017 at 9:19 pm

[…] A diffuser spreads the air uniformly, making it less harsh on the curls. It is also my favourite way to get more volume for my curls! You can watch how I diffuse my hair in this video here. […]

What is a Leave in Conditioner & How to Use It on Curly/Wavy Hair – The Curious Jalebi
    July 13, 2017 at 10:43 am

[…] did it work? You can watch the video for the results […]

Ramya M
    June 12, 2017 at 6:38 am

Hi Pallavi,

I did try bblunt curl definition cream and loreal smooth and shine conditioner as leave in. So far after using various products i found that only tresseme shampoo and conditioners are best suiting my hair. Please suggest some moisturizing products. budget within 1000rs would do. let me know how to get rid of these tangles.

June 13, 2017 at 11:55 am

Ramya, look at As I Am cleansing leave in conditioner on flipkart as well as miss jessie leave in condish. They’re around 800 ish bucks. There is also alba botanica leave in on Amazon India for 900 bucks. That’s also great!

June 13, 2017 at 11:57 am

Please also do deep conditioning every week. Either get a hair mask or make your own at home. Add conditioner, some honey, olive oil and apply on to your hair. Keep it on for an hour or so under a shower cap and then wash off and style as normal. This will restore moisture in your hair and reduce tangles over time . Also keep your hair from getting tangled at night by pineappling your hair and using satin bonnet. I’ve made a tutorial on the same on my routine channel

Ramya M
    May 29, 2017 at 10:04 am

Hi Pallavi,

I tried you curly hair routine. normally sulphate and silicons work for my hair but when i switched to non sulphate and silicon i noticed my hair is very tangled once its air dried. I am not sure what is wrong.

I even tried bblunt curl cream and giovanni la natural.

Regards,
    Ramya

May 30, 2017 at 7:07 am

Hey Ramya! Your hair takes time to get used to a cg friendly routine. It might also not suit your hair! For some curly girls, it doesn’t. Even I don’t mind minimal sulphates and mild silicones in my products. You should switch to more moisturising products ( reduces tangles). Also a very good leave in. What is your budget? Can suggest accordingly. πŸ™‚