It can be so hard following a CG friendly hair care routine in India! Not only is there a lack of awareness about the method, there is also very little access to products without silicone & sulphates available in stores.
Now thanks to e commerce sites like Amazon & Flipkart, we have many products that are being shipped to India. Yes, they’re 700-900 bucks more expensive that what you’d pay for it in the states but it’s still good to have them available at a week or two’s notice.
Note: CG Friendly leave in conditioners do not have silicone in their ingredients list. This prevents build-up of chemicals on your hair. Using products with silicone in them over time make the hair limp & lifeless, without any bounce and need a clarifying shampoo/sulphate shampoo to remove build-up, making it a vicious cycle.
Don’t understand what is CG? Read this: What is the CG Method For Curly Hair? Do I Use This?
Remember: You have to comb your hair after applying any of these leave in conditioners to wet hair (right after you finish with your shower). You won’t see the result properly otherwise! Check out this video tutorial to learn how to apply your leave in conditioner.
If you think I should include any product, please leave a comment below & I’ll add it to the list.
Under Rs. 500
Both of these are really good conditioners that can be used as a leave in conditioner. I haven’t been able to find a CG friendly leave in in this range except these. If you know of any, do comment below & let me know. 😊
- L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Smooth Intense Conditioner – Rs. 145
I did a video tutorial with this, you can check it out here:
- Enliven Fruit Conditioner, Raspberry – Rs. 250
Under Rs. 1000
- Giovanni Hair Care Products Spray Leave In Conditioner 2Chic Avocado – Rs. 997
- Giovanni Conditioner-Direct Leave In – Rs. 850
- Giovanni Organic Natural Mousse Air Turbo Charged Hair Styling Foam – Rs. 595
- Alba Botanica Leave In Conditioner – Rs. 971
- Organix Moroccan Arg Oil Curl Perfecting Cream Hair Styler – Rs. 725
Under Rs. 1500
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner Weightless moisture conditioner – Rs. 1258
- As I Am Leave In Conditioner – Rs. 1481
- Aunt Jackie’s Flaxseed Recipes Seal It Up Hydrating Sealing Butter – Rs. 1332
- Lotta Body Coconut and Shea Oils Moisturize Me Curl and Style Milk – Rs. 1260
- Lottabody Wrap Me Foaming Mousse with Coconut & Shea Oil – 1300
- Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner – Rs. 1410
- Renpure Coconut Whipped Creme Leave-in Conditioner – Rs. 1442
- Softsheen Carson Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Curl Cream – Rs. 1285
Under Rs. 2000
- Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner/Detangler – Rs. 1669
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk – Rs. 1532
- Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream- 1511
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave in Conditioner – Rs. 1720
- Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing smoothie silk protein & neem oil – Rs. 1891
- Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade – Rs. 1815
- Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Nourishing & Conditioning Styling Butter (For Curls, Coils, Kinks & Waves – Rs. 1840
- Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner – Rs. 1547
- SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Transitioning Milk – Rs. 1583
- Marc Anthony True Professional Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion – Rs. 1988
- DevaCurl Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam – Rs. 1704
- DevaCurl B’Leave-In curl Boost and Volumizer – Rs. 1957
- Miss Jessie’s Leave In Condish – Rs. 1729
If you’re not sure about any product, the best way would be to go to YouTube & search for the name + review & listen to a couple of natural hair bloggers giving their opinion. There should also be many forums on naturallycurly.com to help you decide.
If you’re not particular about CG friendly products, you can check out more options here: Leave-in-Conditioners in India For Curly Hair – Master List (CG & Non-CG)
Found a product not listed here that you think may be CG Friendly? See my ingredient list to compare & check. 😊
Please leave a comment below if you think I have missed any product recommendation! Until then, see you at my Facebook page or Instagram with more curly updates.